Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here we go again.

This odd obsession of telling voters why they voted in whatever way.

What gives?

You make a very fair point.

Given that you, therefore, did not vote leave to 'take back control', would it be possible to comment on what you were voting leave for?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Okay. Well, ignoring the painfully obvious avoidance of the actual point I was making…

They were told what they were voting for. Taking back control. It was made very clear.

View attachment 141344

I mean; really? It’s not much clearer than that. Plus all the “taking back control of our borders” propaganda before the referendum.

You may claim it’s not what you wanted to vote for but you can’t claim it wasn’t made clear what you were voting for.

To be fair to @PotG, perhaps he's like a mate of mine who voted 'leave' because he felt that the onerous paperwork that blighted his day as a businessman would be swept away if we left.

(As it happens my mate is having second thought now that the paperwork has barely changed - and the direction of that change is moot - and other events have made the disruption of leaving seem a bit pointless at best)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair to @PotG, perhaps he's like a mate of mine who voted 'leave' because he felt that the onerous paperwork that blighted his day as a businessman would be swept away if we left.

(As it happens my mate is having second thought now that the paperwork has barely changed - and the direction of that change is moot - and other events have made the disruption of leaving seem a bit pointless at best)

He’s talking gibberish that wouldn’t hold water with anyone except a few old racists in this pit. It’s why he posts here. Nobody, anywhere else would entertain his bootless waffle. And well he knows it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So what have we taken back control of if not our borders?

Next level stupidity. FFS.

Umm......you mean apart from the decision making powers and competences (by treaty) that had previously been ceded to Brussels from Westminster in the name of pooled sovereignty and also apart the ability to place immigration protocols on legal EU citizen immigration that was previously under the governance of EU free movement directives?

We took control of our borders, didn’t we? That’s what 52%of those that voted in the referendum voted for is it not? What the French do is now arbitrary, surely? Should not affect us now that we have control of our borders?

For my referendum vote, whilst knowing leaving would entail the ending of EU free movement, I did not interpret that leaving the EU and the subsequent ending of EU free movement for EU citizens and taking back control of immigration policy of EU citizens (placing them in a combined EU and non EU policy for legal immigration routes into the UK) had anything whatsoever to do with illegal immigrants on the continent, none of who are EU citizens subject to EU free movement directives and regulations.

The bigger question is why, when you voted, you thought and still do think ending EU free movement for EU citizens also included immigration of non EU illegal immigrants in France and Belgium?

That’s pretty stupid of you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Umm......you mean apart from the decision making powers and competences (by treaty) that had previously been ceded to Brussels from Westminster in the name of pooled sovereignty and also apart the ability to place immigration protocols on legal EU citizen immigration that was previously under the governance of EU free movement directives?

For my referendum vote, whilst knowing leaving would entail the ending of EU free movement, I did not interpret that leaving the EU and the subsequent ending of EU free movement for EU citizens and taking back control of immigration policy of EU citizens (placing them in a combined EU and non EU policy for legal immigration routes into the UK) had anything whatsoever to do with illegal immigrants on the continent, none of who are EU citizens subject to EU free movement directives and regulations.

The bigger question is why, when you voted, you thought and still do think ending EU free movement for EU citizens also included immigration of non EU illegal immigrants in France and Belgium?

You’re quite a naive person.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s talking gibberish that wouldn’t hold water with anyone except a few old racists in this pit. It’s why he posts here. Nobody, anywhere else would entertain his bootless waffle. And well he knows it.

:lolol:

Well, as noted elsewhere, I'm determined to be kind and generous (until my next outburst, long may it be delayed) so we shall see how he replies.

Breezy, down here, isn't it? ???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You’re quite a naive person.

For knowing that taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant ......umm......taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens........um ok.
Why didnt you know this when you voted?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

don't want to split hairs but freedom of movement was removed for British nationals only

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For knowing that taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant ......umm......taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens........um ok.
Why didnt you know this when you voted?

You’re fooling nobody. Not even your dimbo chums on here. Or yourself for that matter.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You’re fooling nobody. Not even your dimbo chums on here. Or yourself for that matter.

You still havnt explained why, when you voted, you didn’t know that taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens.
Why did you think that ending EU free movement and taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant taking back control of illegal immigrants on the continent?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You still havnt explained why, when you voted, you didn’t know that taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens.
Why did you think that ending EU free movement and taking back control of EU free movement regarding EU citizens meant taking back control of illegal immigrants on the continent?

You’re like the only one of a group of ****wits who happened to read a book once.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Quite.

I find these events quite disturbing. If anything is to be done with this it is important to know what we are dealing with. I had a student who was a Somali refugee 15 years ago. Lovely lad. While I was teaching him he found that his brother, who was still stuck in Somalia, had been murdered.This spurred my student on to do as well as he could, and traing to do something he could use purposefully (he went into medicine after his BSc).

So the issue is how do you separate a lad like this from another, less bright, more moody, less sociable lad, who spends hours on the internet where, watching a peasant preaching hate leads, in several clicks, to films of beheadings. After years as a failure and missfit, perhaps with a period of heavy cannabis use, and the advent of schizophrenia, one fine day the lone wolf buys an knife and seeks a soft target.

I suspect you can identify these types reasonably well, and most are quietly dealt with out of the sight and mind of most of us, by the intelligence services, with the court cases reported lightly if at all. Occasionally one slips the net, like this one. Is there any way we could deal with this better?

This is a legitimate question and one that requires constant consideration. Unfortunately when people like Das Reich start gobbing off about 'foreign nationals' and tapping into the GB news world of lies and hate, it has the exact opposite effect of that required - people start getting defensive, and the focus shifts to protecting the rights of ordinary Muslims and, indeed, refugees and Asylum seekers, instead of catching the wrong-uns. The problem, the mad sad and, ultimately, bad lone wolf, is not realt with at all. All we have is Das Rightous and his gang accusing the rest of us of not 'seeing what's in front of our eyes', and inciting petty (and not so petty - the Jo Cox murder) attacks on anyone a bit foreign looking.

When I was 14 I had a notebook which I discovered many years later. I though I was a bit of a schoolboy hippy in 1972. Alas not. As part of the solution to the 'race' problem, I had suggested that England (sic) should repatriate all the foreigners. I apparently soon grew up a bit and realised other forces were at play. At 14 I had, of course, never met a foreigner. I wonder if the GB news gang have ever spoken with a Muslim. Probably not. 'No need, is there'. 'Open your eyes'. 'The truth will come out'.

I spent some time thinking about my own intolerance, yesterday. And my arrogance. I'm going to try to make a better effort to be kind to people. This is going to be quite a challenge, partly due to issues around my mental make up. But we shall see. One can only try.

All the best.

I guess all we can do is carry on kneeling and hope for the best :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I guess all we can do is carry on kneeling and hope for the best :thumbsup:

You aren't covering yourself in glory at the moment.

You still haven't explained yourself on the Colin Powell thread. It looks like you think vaccination against Covid is pointless.

Most peculiar. I thought you were better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here