Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With over 37000 refugees still in UK hotels waiting for homes , can only see a massive housing building program being able to clear the backlog

They’re not all waiting for homes. They are waiting to be processed by the government. The same government that was trying and failing to organise transports to Rwanda for a handful of people when they should have been clearing the backlog of thousands.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
They’re not all waiting for homes. They are waiting to be processed by the government. The same government that was trying and failing to organise transports to Rwanda for a handful of people when they should have been clearing the backlog of thousands.

Once processed though they will have to be found homes as I doubt very much that they arrived with funds to be able to purchase . Despite the government offering councils payment for each refugee that they can house it seems that there has been a disappointing response . Could just be that councils are reluctant to drop those that have been on waiting lists for years in favor of new arrivals or that the properties are just not available in their boroughs . Probably a bit of both I would guess .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Once processed though they will have to be found homes as I doubt very much that they arrived with funds to be able to purchase . Despite the government offering councils payment for each refugee that they can house it seems that there has been a disappointing response . Could just be that councils are reluctant to drop those that have been on waiting lists for years in favor of new arrivals or that the properties are just not available in their boroughs . Probably a bit of both I would guess .

Found homes or sent home.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
None will be sent "home" as they have come from countries that are not safe . Just imagine what might happen to this chap if he was sent back to Afghanistan .Doesn't bear thinking about :eek:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...offending-knifeman-slashed-teenagers-24457973

Remember the same people who would be anti immigrant would also likely subscribe to lower tax / smaller state where such incidents are more likely to occur as a direct result of the lack of state resources. You reap what you sow

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
[tweet]1556242827197222913[/tweet]

Well I don't see a problem there . Albanians on the whole after all are hardworking people and in any case the population there is under 3 million and we should be able to accommodate those that may decide to make the UK their home without too many difficulties

Last edited:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Well I don't see a problem there . Albanians on the whole after all are hardworking people and in any case the population there is under 3 million and we should be able to accommodate those that may decide to make the UK their home without too many difficulties

Few will be able to demonstate having a well-founded fear of persecution under the 1951 convention.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-62644946?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Channel migrants: Almost 1,300 migrants cross Channel in new record

Welcome to the UK .

Massive impact of the Rwanda policy! Brilliant to see Johnson and chums, and the Brilliant Brexit Bonus, having such a massive impact on this

crossings.PNG

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Massive impact of the Rwanda policy! Brilliant to see Johnson and chums, and the Brilliant Brexit Bonus, having such a massive impact on this

View attachment 151172

As you may have gathered, I don't have a lot of time for Johnson, but you must admit that getting all the 'I'm not racist but' immigrant haters to vote for you and then f***ing them over completely is somewhat amusing :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here