Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I wonder if Bruno tried seeking asylum in any other countries prior to arriving in the UK, if he didn’t why did he select the UK?

Why didn’t he try South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Spain or France??

Why do you think [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
On one thread: The UK is the most diverse and least racist country in the world

On another thread: Why can't they claim asylum in another country?

???

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

???

Bad luck certainly seemed to follow our Bruno around...
Still, safe and sound now, with hot and cold running benefits [emoji1303]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

???

That’s because these people don’t actually know what they’re talking about. I don’t mean that as a slur. I mean it as a statement of fact. Their opinions and thoughts are so disjointed precisely because they are not fully formed. Probably because they have inherited these opinions from parents and so never questioned them. And through sources like The Daily Mail and Foxhole.
They read an opinion that is against foreigners and think “that fits me, I’ll have that”.

It why they see a thread like this as an opportunity to spread hatred and racism and not a chance to learn something or celebrate Britain’s true diversity.

It’s not their fault, they’ve just lived sheltered lives and as a result are somewhat narrow minded.

Luckily the vast majority of people in Britain aren’t as parochial as the handful on here who troll threads like this. Forgive them, they really don’t know what they do. They deserve our pity, really.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The MCB are doing some fantastic work in helping refugees from the Middle East. Especially when we consider integration is the key to avoiding conflict.

Launched in late-2018, Welcoming Refugees is a joint project between Mercy Mission UK and the Muslim Council of Britain, aiming to provide a support infrastructure and toolkits for mosques and other Muslim-led organisations to:

Register and commit to supporting a vulnerable refugee families fleeing conflict to the UK for a period of at least 18 months as part of Community Sponsorship program
Become more aware and effective at supporting refugees resettling in the UK

Why?

The unfortunate events unfolding across the world and in specific the Middle East, has led to a surge in the number of migrants undertaking dangerous journeys to seek refuge in safe and stable countries.

Refugees are often resettled to a country where the society, language and culture are completely different and new to them, and providing for their effective reception and integration is beneficial for both the resettled refugee and the host country.

Muslim communities in the UK share a common faith, culture and language with many refugees being resettled here, and can often act as a bridge in welcoming and helping them in integrating into their new society.

https://mcb.org.uk/project/welcoming-refugees/

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
f320aff35e9a1d7e6afae94bdd29d123.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
That’s because these people don’t actually know what they’re talking about. I don’t mean that as a slur. I mean it as a statement of fact. Their opinions and thoughts are so disjointed precisely because they are not fully formed. Probably because they have inherited these opinions from parents and so never questioned them. And through sources like The Daily Mail and Foxhole.
They read an opinion that is against foreigners and think “that fits me, I’ll have that”.

It why they see a thread like this as an opportunity to spread hatred and racism and not a chance to learn something or celebrate Britain’s true diversity.

It’s not their fault, they’ve just lived sheltered lives and as a result are somewhat narrow minded.

Luckily the vast majority of people in Britain aren’t as parochial as the handful on here who troll threads like this. Forgive them, they really don’t know what they do. They deserve our pity, really.

You carry on kidding yourself, no one's denying geniune people refuge, what people like yourself fail to see is that the majority of people making illegal crossings of the channel are in fact complete time wasters and a drain on this country
wake up and stop walking around in a dream most people are not supportive of illegal entry into the UK
Regards
DF

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I think we should requisition CCF’s and head into to French ports and liberate these people then they should be given some of the many houses built for UK citizens to buy FOC in order that they can have better lives.

There are plenty of new build houses for sale with no takers as first time buyers are unable to raise sufficient deposit . 3 such developments around Chichester with 2 & 3 bed starter homes priced from £300 000 to £400 000

Why can't the government buy these and allocate them to refugees . Then once they are in full time employment start paying back though an additional deduction in their wage packets .

Jan 30, 2008
I wonder if Bruno tried seeking asylum in any other countries prior to arriving in the UK, if he didn’t why did he select the UK?

Why didn’t he try South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Spain or France??

The Benefits didnt weigh up
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
There are plenty of new build houses for sale with no takers as first time buyers are unable to raise sufficient deposit . 3 such developments around Chichester with 2 & 3 bed starter homes priced from £300 000 to £400 000

Why can't the government buy these and allocate them to refugees . Then once they are in full time employment start paying back though an additional deduction in their wage packets .

Sounds great but the reality is much clearer
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You carry on kidding yourself, no one's denying geniune people refuge, what people like yourself fail to see is that the majority of people making illegal crossings of the channel are in fact complete time wasters and a drain on this country
wake up and stop walking around in a dream most people are not supportive of illegal entry into the UK
Regards
DF

And the time wasters will hopefully get turned down and returned to COF. I'm not sure how I'm failing to see that. I'm just not sure it's down to people like you and me to judge who is worthy or not. However, we have an obligation by law to accept refugees. I think it would be preferable to create safe passage for them but that could lead to manifold problems that would take a long time to sort out. But they will come, whatever we do so we may as well try and speed up the process of asylum and treat them humanely while they are here.
This thread is not celebrating criminals getting into the country or gangs who people smuggle. It's celebrating what Britain does to help refugees. Nothing more, nothing less. So it seems pretty irrelevant to troll it with horror stories.
Start your own thread about the downsides of refugees and asylum seekers if you so wish. We all know your attitude and opinion on the matter, why repeat yourself again and again on a thread that has nothing to do with your agenda.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is so nice to finally put a face to the name...

And I was quite correct, you didn't have the guts to say why you'd posted it. Anyway, this is a positive thread and I shall continue to post positive stories. Do your worst, positivity always wins out. :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
And the time wasters will hopefully get turned down and returned to COF. I'm not sure how I'm failing to see that. I'm just not sure it's down to people like you and me to judge who is worthy or not. However, we have an obligation by law to accept refugees. I think it would be preferable to create safe passage for them but that could lead to manifold problems that would take a long time to sort out. But they will come, whatever we do so we may as well try and speed up the process of asylum and treat them humanely while they are here.
This thread is not celebrating criminals getting into the country or gangs who people smuggle. It's celebrating what Britain does to help refugees. Nothing more, nothing less. So it seems pretty irrelevant to troll it with horror stories.
Start your own thread about the downsides of refugees and asylum seekers if you so wish. We all know your attitude and opinion on the matter, why repeat yourself again and again on a thread that has nothing to do with your agenda.

You started this thread own it
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
And I was quite correct, you didn't have the guts to say why you'd posted it. Anyway, this is a positive thread and I shall continue to post positive stories. Do your worst, positivity always wins out. :thumbsup:

You are ALWAYS correct Bette [emoji1303]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here