Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Jan 30, 2008
This is the healthy way to do it, most would agree. If we start in the classroom people won’t grow up afraid and confused by refugees in their communities. As we know, that fear leads to hatred and racism.
Giving young students the chance to talk with refugees and hear their story first hand will foster empathy and tolerance.
More great work and to be encouraged, I think most will agree.

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/news/stori...nging-refugee-stories-into-the-classroom.html

Afraid /confused or just not accepting of something they dont agree with in the real world .
You need to get back to uni
Regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We live in a strange country, a country where you’re more likely to garner interest from local authorities if you’ve fallen on troubled times and seek asylum from another country, rather than be of an indigenous heritage.

It seems there’s a raft of Lawyers queuing up to assist you for free if you feel like committing a heinous crime against a woman, and not to mention the support of well meaning middle class wokestrains to stick their Jack boots in should someone dare to criticise the system.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It certainly is, and this made for fascinating reading.

https://care4calais.org/the-refugee-crisis/

A very good article indeed. You can see why the racists hate this organisation. They tell the truth for a start. It’s great we have organisations like this. There are going to be more and more displaced people as climate change accelerates, the gap between rich and poor widens and wars for resources begin.
We need people like this. Campaigning for safe crossing to cut down on human trafficking and modern slavery for a start. As the article points out these desperate people have no choice at the moment.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A very good article indeed. You can see why the racists hate this organisation. They tell the truth for a start. It’s great we have organisations like this. There are going to be more and more displaced people as climate change accelerates, the gap between rich and poor widens and wars for resources begin.
We need people like this. Campaigning for safe crossing to cut down on human trafficking and modern slavery for a start. As the article points out these desperate people have no choice at the moment.

[emoji23][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I couldn't agree more, and it's just a shame that our resident racists and general xenophobes won't bother reading it, or if they did, believe a single word of it.
Still, it's heartening to know that unsavoury characters like that are in a small minority, both here and in society as a whole.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I couldn't agree more, and it's just a shame that our resident racists and general xenophobes won't bother reading it, or if they did, believe a single word of it.
Still, it's heartening to know that unsavoury characters like that are in a small minority, both here and in society as a whole.

*yawn*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Precisely. There’s only 5 or 6 racists/xenophobes on here out of hundreds of users. Luckily they’re al concentrated in the pit. Extrapolate that across Britain and we are doing okay. Luckily most people have more sense and more humanity than the very small minority on here. So that’s encouraging.
But I digress, we’ll all be more and more thankful of organisations like this as we progress into this century .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I think we should requisition CCF’s and head into to French ports and liberate these people then they should be given some of the many houses built for UK citizens to buy FOC in order that they can have better lives.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We live in a strange country, a country where you’re more likely to garner interest from local authorities if you’ve fallen on troubled times and seek asylum from another country, rather than be of an indigenous heritage.

It seems there’s a raft of Lawyers queuing up to assist you for free if you feel like committing a heinous crime against a woman, and not to mention the support of well meaning middle class wokestrains to stick their Jack boots in should someone dare to criticise the system.

If you're narrow minded and lack the intelligence to appreciate complex issues, then yes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bruno's story

Bruno went through unimaginable suffering in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as a result of his activism.

“In 2006, I was a businessman and an activist – I was talking for my people, and I was campaigning for a change in the DRC. After the election we marched because we wanted change in Congo, because of the suffering we went through. Many people died, were tortured, persecuted.”

Bruno was arrested and beaten; his family members threatened. He knew that he had to flee. He had a friend in Zimbabwe who offered to help him.

“When I went to Zimbabwe life was ok, my friend was helping me with a lot of things, and I started to live again.”

Tragically, Bruno’s friend was murdered. Bruno adopted the children that he left behind. “Now I say: ok, my life is in Zimbabwe now because of my children.”

“Then I meet this young girl, Catherine. By the time I meet her, she got my heart. We got married in 2010. We had the two children I adopted from my friend, and another two children who were orphaned who became ours. And me and Catherine, God bless us, we had three biological children. Life was very normal, good.”

Their peace in Zimbabwe didn’t last long. Bruno was unable to renew his residence through his marriage and, one night, he was taken away and imprisoned along with three of their children. Bruno was in prison for six months before he was deported back to the DRC.

Read more here...

https://www.refugee-action.org.uk/bruno-and-catherine/

Please remember, this is a good news thread and not a platform for prejudice, trolling or general hatred. Countering a good news story with a story of some random psycho who has murdered someone and happens to be foreign is not only thinly veiled racism, it's irrelevant. Thanks guys.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bruno's story

Bruno went through unimaginable suffering in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as a result of his activism.

“In 2006, I was a businessman and an activist – I was talking for my people, and I was campaigning for a change in the DRC. After the election we marched because we wanted change in Congo, because of the suffering we went through. Many people died, were tortured, persecuted.”

Bruno was arrested and beaten; his family members threatened. He knew that he had to flee. He had a friend in Zimbabwe who offered to help him.

“When I went to Zimbabwe life was ok, my friend was helping me with a lot of things, and I started to live again.”

Tragically, Bruno’s friend was murdered. Bruno adopted the children that he left behind. “Now I say: ok, my life is in Zimbabwe now because of my children.”

“Then I meet this young girl, Catherine. By the time I meet her, she got my heart. We got married in 2010. We had the two children I adopted from my friend, and another two children who were orphaned who became ours. And me and Catherine, God bless us, we had three biological children. Life was very normal, good.”

Their peace in Zimbabwe didn’t last long. Bruno was unable to renew his residence through his marriage and, one night, he was taken away and imprisoned along with three of their children. Bruno was in prison for six months before he was deported back to the DRC.

Read more here...

https://www.refugee-action.org.uk/bruno-and-catherine/

Please remember, this is a good news thread and not a platform for prejudice, trolling or general hatred. Countering a good news story with a story of some random psycho who has murdered someone and happens to be foreign is not only thinly veiled racism, it's irrelevant. Thanks guys.

I wonder if Bruno tried seeking asylum in any other countries prior to arriving in the UK, if he didn’t why did he select the UK?

Why didn’t he try South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Spain or France??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here