Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Well done Exeter; European champions

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a match Exeter and Racing gave us. I can't remember being so gripped in game where I was a neutral. Exeter probably deserved the win but both teams provided some top class rugby.

Sporting highlight of the weekend so far (until Albion beat Palace)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This is wonderful news. I remember watching the match that took Exeter to the top flight in 2010. I saw them at The Stoop that year

Exeter.jpg

Exeter are the only club to have championships in all four tiers of rugby. Rob Baxter has been there since 2009. Outstanding job. No salary cap breaches, just excellent rugby ethos. A thoroughly deserved win.

:clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great game,looked like they were beaten

What tension

Well done to Bristol too last night

I thought that Exeter would crack when Racing had all that pressure with under 10 mins to go - what fantastic defence

I forgot that Bristol were playing last night: I switched on five minutes from the end :facepalm:

A great weekend for west country sport - Brizzle top of the Championship too

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My kids were kicking off as I was trying to watch the end, so I was struggling to follow it properly. What was going on with Owens asking about full time etc?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I thought that Exeter would crack when Racing had all that pressure with under 10 mins to go - what fantastic defence

I forgot that Bristol were playing last night: I switched on five minutes from the end :facepalm:

A great weekend for west country sport - Brizzle top of the Championship too

Me too,didn't even notice the dilerbrate knock on for the yellow

Fair play to Racing,they gave their all

Turned over for the end of the City-Arsenal game

What pansies :lolol:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
My kids were kicking off as I was trying to watch the end, so I was struggling to follow it properly. What was going on with Owens asking about full time etc?

he added 5 seconds due to Exeter 'deliberately ' taking too long on a penalty decision

So he was out of sinc with the clock

Irrelevant really,Exeter would've just kicked out the re-start

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Great for Exeter. I do think they should get Owens to be in charge of football refs for a season

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
With the salary cap what's going on here with both Bristol and Exeter showing up well in Europe. Ia this a case of two well set-up teams playing for each other and the cause rather than the money ?

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
With the salary cap what's going on here with both Bristol and Exeter showing up well in Europe. Ia this a case of two well set-up teams playing for each other and the cause rather than the money ?

Exeter have been well managed and set up for years. Rob Baxter is an outstanding and loyal coach.

Bristol are a big name returning to the top level.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I am actually a Exeter Chiefs fan and I still cant believe that they won the European Cup.

FIrst of many I hope, Racing looked very good but Chiefs have such a great mentality and great team spirit.

OGGY OGGY OGGY

CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Exeter have been well managed and set up for years. Rob Baxter is an outstanding and loyal coach.

Yes, if anyone wants an example of the difference a coach can make to a team, look at Baxter's record. They've not spent silly money and have developed a first class team.

It's hard to believe that I was watching Exeter play London Welsh in the lower reaches of the league about 30 years ago. Now look where the respective teams are (sigh)

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Yes, if anyone wants an example of the difference a coach can make to a team, look at Baxter's record. They've not spent silly money and have developed a first class team.

It's hard to believe that I was watching Exeter play London Welsh in the lower reaches of the league about 30 years ago. Now look where the respective teams are (sigh)

Didn't London Welsh get liquidated due to financial difficulty, They had a season in the Premiership and they lost every game.

Baxter has installed such a philosophy to Chiefs that everybody knows the way to play and has each others backs.

I hope we can do the double this season, and it would be a legitimate double not tainted by Saracens dodgy dealings.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't London Welsh get liquidated due to financial difficulty, They had a season in the Premiership and they lost every game.

Yep, they still exist but as an amateur club only. I was a member there in their last few years of amateurism and their first few years in the professional era - I much preferred the amateur years.

Exeter's rise has been incredible and has demonstrated that you don't need to cheat to be successful

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Yep, they still exist but as an amateur club only. I was a member there in their last few years of amateurism and their first few years in the professional era - I much preferred the amateur years.

Exeter's rise has been incredible and has demonstrated that you don't need to cheat to be successful

It has been a terrific rise. I was drawn in as well. I used to be a Saracens fan but I did calculations before the whole salary gap saga and felt that they were cheating.

Sandy Park is a great ground, and the fans are always very cheerful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here