Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Get Khadra in the first team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is there any chance that he was withdrawn after 60 mins today, with a view to sticking him on the bench tomorrow?

I know it’s very unlikely, but he could be a great impact sub!

I think he took a knock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've only just caught up on the highlights of our U-23's beating Liverpool.
Khadra looks like he could offer more than Connolly.
Is it possible to use him if he's not listed in our 25 man squad?

He looks great!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/1865146/pl2-albion-1-liverpool-0

I was wondering this.

U-21 players do not get named in the 25-man squad.

U-21 players are available for selection for PL matches.

Reda Khadra, born on July 4 2001, qualifies as an U-21 player this season, next season, and the season after that.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
U-21 players do not get named in the 25-man squad.

U-21 players are available for selection for PL matches.

Reda Khadra, born on July 4 2001, qualifies as an U-21 player this season, next season, and the season after that.

Thanks. This is good news.

So, do players like Lamptey and Connolly get officially named in the squad or not?

Wouldn't it make more sense to not name them (unless needed for HGP - although I read that HGP have to be "21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins")?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for that AZ Gull.
I feel as if we have a secret striker that no one knows about.
I reckon if he keeps playing like he has in his opening two games he'll be in the first team match day squad by Christmas.

We've got our very own Adama Traore right under our nose.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks. This is good news.

So, do players like Lamptey and Connolly get officially named in the squad or not?

Wouldn't it make more sense to not name them (unless needed for HGP - although I read that HGP have to be "21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins")?

I cannot state the rules more concisely than I have already in post #24, which answers these questions.

Just for the sake of further clarification - for this season any player born on or after Jan 1 1999 qualifies as an U-21 player.

Lamptey was born on Sep 30 2000 and Connolly was born on Jan 28 2000 (and for those for whom maths is a struggle, that means they both qualify as U-21 players for this season and next).

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I cannot state the rules more concisely than I have already in post #24, which answers these questions.

Just for the sake of further clarification - for this season any player born on or after Jan 1 1999 qualifies as an U-21 player.

Lamptey was born on Sep 30 2000 and Connolly was born on Jan 28 2000 (and for those for whom maths is a struggle, that means they both qualify as U-21 players for this season and next).

Right, so officially we have 5x U21 players with squad numbers who can play but do not have to be named in the official 25 man squad.

Lamptey (20), Connolly (20), Sanders (21), Zeqiri (21), Molumby (21).

Thanks for the clarification.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Right, so officially we have 5x U21 players with squad numbers who can play but do not have to be named in the official 25 man squad.

Thanks for the clarification.

And for further clarification, whether an U-21 player has been shown by Albion in their squad number list (or not) has no bearing on their eligibility to be named in a PL matchday squad; Khadra (or Dendoncker or Tsoungui or any of the other U-21s) could still be called upon by Graham Potter, if he so desired.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

And presumably Sanders and Khadra could be added if needs be

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And presumably Sanders and Khadra could be added if needs be

The entire playing staff (including scholars) have been given squad numbers; the club has merely chosen to release the numbers of whom they deem as members of the first team squad.

Khadra is number 67.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Correct in principle, not in numbers.
Lamptey (2), Connolly (7), Sanders (41), Zeqiri (29), Molumby (49).

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1869891/squad-numbers-confirmed/

Yeah, that's actually what I was trying to figure out. They named 28 players instead of 25.

So I was trying to figure out who they officially named in the 25 man squad for the Premier League.

I assume it's everyone listed in that article minus the U21 players.

The entire playing staff (including scholars) have been given squad numbers; the club has merely chosen to release the numbers of whom they deem as members of the first team squad.

Khadra is number 67.

Makes more sense now. Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here