Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Trial of the Chicago 7: Netflix

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Found it by chance last night.

I thought the Gentleman was the best film of the year, until now, superb, all star cast, based on a true story, 2hrs of cinematic quality.

It will win Oscars, if they have them next year 🙈

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Found it by chance last night.

I thought the Gentleman was the best film of the year, until now, superb, all star cast, based on a true story, 2hrs of cinematic quality.

It will win Oscars, if they have them next year 🙈

I'll give it a watch. I noticed that the reviews are very mixed. Some like you, believe it to be Oscar worthy, while the Independent and Rolling Stone are less impressed and only gave it 2 stars

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It was only released yesterday, so "finding it by chance" was actually the premiere!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Probably watch it tonight, although

tem.JPG

tempers the enthusiasm.

All down to opinions.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's an enjoyable couple of hours, I don't know if it's Oscar worthy but it's certainly worth a watch. Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Mark Rylance and Frank Langella all put in great performances though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Watched last night, we were engrossed and enjoyed it, Oscar quality not too sure.

Depends what it’s up against in this unprecedented year?

What astounded me was this was an actual trial that took place in the US 51 years ago, spoiler alert, the treatment of the Black Panther frankly beggars belief, I’ve looked it up and that incident wasn’t elaborated on for the movie 🙈

The US has clearly been broken for a long time.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Was an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours at work earlier on, I've always liked Aaron Sorkin's work though so I'm not surprised I liked it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Aaron Sorkin is a genius, of course the film is a masterpiece. And to think he had to shop the film around for a taker late on. It's ridiculous, the moment Sorkin writes something there should be an auction for who has the honour of paying for it. The man is a genius and this film is another masterpiece.

I'm considering changing my name to Uncle Sorkin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here