Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 Years Ago Today...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Charlton 0 Brighton 4 - 16/10/2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8DGkKW8tY

What a day. It was my first ever away match and I’ll never forget it. Some of the best football I’ve seen from a Brighton team by that point, and I really thought after the game that it would be our year...and our decade. How times have changed.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was certainly a good day out. It started early in the pubs on Blackheath. What a goal from Lua Lua.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That was your first away day?! You were incredibly lucky then, that was a brilliant performance, no wonder you came back!

Sure beats the seven year old me watching Robert Codner get a consolation goal in a 2.1 defeat away to Port Vale stood on a virtually empty and freezing cold terrace!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think my first away day was Chelsea 1988. lost 2-0.

pre season friendly at Steyning circa 1982 probably doesn't count.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
That was your first away day?! You were incredibly lucky then, that was a brilliant performance, no wonder you came back!

Sure beats the seven year old me watching Robert Codner get a consolation goal in a 2.1 defeat away to Port Vale stood on a virtually empty and freezing cold terrace!

Yes I was lucky. Been trying to scratch that Charlton itch ever since!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
krbs.png

I had to look up krbskrbskrbs...

Looks like dummy copy left in by a designer. Actually Kent Reliance Banking Services.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good to see KLL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A brace of brilliant away games, Peterborough and Charlton. I thought that Gus was Midas in those days :thumbsup:

We’re ****ing brilliant

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Gordon Greer was spraying 40 Yard passes across the pitch with pinpoint accuracy that day. Whilst that is now common place, it was a world away from the Row-Z CB we had become accustomed to. It was like supporting a different team. Away at Millwall a few years before we barely strung 3 passes together at any area of the pitch.

Fantastic performance and day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here