Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Typical Hughton away performance bore fest, Knockaert their best player by far attacking wise players not good enough around him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Typical Hughton away performance bore fest, Knockaert their best player by far attacking wise players not good enough around him.

Don’t recall that many of those at championship level. Perhaps he’s taken over a poor team, and needs to get points any way possible.

Bit like us in the PL for the first two years.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don’t recall that many of those at championship level. Perhaps he’s taken over a poor team, and needs to get points any way possible.

Bit like us in the PL for the first two years.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or like us when Hughton was appointed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very much this. A decade or so ago I would have hated the idea of a Super euro league. Would love it now. Let them go.

My only concern with that would be that the media would probably go with it - no more Brighton on MOTD, ever, and the likes of SSN and Talksport, which heaven knows are pretty fond of the big six(ish) anyway would no longer have any interest for us at all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seem to recall we had 1 win in 11 and hardly scored at all. It was awful........

I seem to remember just two goals scored in that period too (and not too many more conceded), but that might be explained by the forward options available: CMS, COG, and the only player I've witnessed at the Amex that didn't put a shift in.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
My only concern with that would be that the media would probably go with it - no more Brighton on MOTD, ever, and the likes of SSN and Talksport, which heaven knows are pretty fond of the big six(ish) anyway would no longer have any interest for us at all.

Sure. Could swing the other way though, the BBC would probably get left behind with a European super league so, much like they try to push the FA cup these days, they might find themselves with a new look premier league on their hands. Plus, we're spoilt for choice with media these days.

Genuinely think a Euro super league would become quite dull once the novelty wore off though. Would alienate loads of local fans too so might make for a very healthy new national league.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If I know mr. Greek Psycho-owner correctly or the initial cold breeze of the winds of change on the streets of Nottingham unless they grab a win tonight. In that sense, its not the perfect club choice.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sure. Could swing the other way though, the BBC would probably get left behind with a European super league so, much like they try to push the FA cup these days, they might find themselves with a new look premier league on their hands. Plus, we're spoilt for choice with media these days.

Genuinely think a Euro super league would become quite dull once the novelty wore off though. Would alienate loads of local fans too so might make for a very healthy new national league.

I tend to agree. I would imagine that many Top 6 fans would feel like they were doing the wrong thing. They want to go and see their team play again in England (and Wales) and have no rivalries or history with Donetsk etc.

Anyhow, who are this top 6? They appear to be scattered across the premier league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I would be delighted if you turn out to be right - sadly I'm not very hopeful though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The situation Hughton finds himself in is similar in a number of ways to the one when he took over at the Albion - a team that had been around the play-offs but had made some bad signing, a few injuries and all of a sudden they're in tbe Championship shit.

3 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats is not a bad haul because Forest are seriously lacking in quality. He desperately needs to bring in 3 or 4 players in January because Derby and Wednesday below them could turn things around.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I would be delighted if you turn out to be right - sadly I'm not very hopeful though.

Yeah, probably wishful thinking on my part.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Next 3 games

Away at Reading & Norwich

Then at home to Brentford

The Championship as tough as it ever was

Reading v Forest is the early kick off Saturday

Think I might watch that instead of Burnley v Everton

Cheer Chris on

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
5, but hughton needs time. When he first came in for Hyypia, he had won less points in that half of the season than hyypia did.

It is worth noting that Forest fans believe that he is doing a good job - and are praising the quality of the football that he has the team playing. Forest have dominated many games for long periods and have been unlucky to lose and draw games - as Pavilionaire said, the Forest squad is lacking quality (and has some injuries which haven't helped) - they are particularly lacking a striker (and I'd say Hughton would have loved to have got his hands on Glenn Murray).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here