Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ** Official Transfer Deadline Day 2 ** EFL Edition

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The special EFL Edition of this summer’s transfer window (DD2) slams shut at 5pm today. Share your thoughts, fears and musings on this thread as, in all probability, no business is done ‘in’ or ‘out’ at the Albion.

We’ve be linked with a Striker and Left Wing Back all summer and duly signed the promising 21yr old Andi Zeqiri and the full Polish international, Michał Karbownik.

However, the former has only really played to League One level, do we really want to blood him too early and risk ending up with a ‘Sørloth Situation’ where, due to profound mismanagement by the football club, the player’s confidence is shot to pieces and they have to be loaned out to another club that can properly develop them and realise their full potential? With Connolly and Jahanbakhsh probably out for our crunch match with Palace, the NSC natives are getting restless, could there be torches and pitchforks outside the Amex tonight if we don’t land a Stop-Gap-Striker today?

Then there is our promising new left back, he currently plays for Legia Warsaw which is a formidable barrier to him being selected for our first team this season. That leaves the out of form Bernardo as back-up to the in form March. It should be interesting when Solly picks up his inevitable injury over the next week or two. Could we make a late dash for the promising Rico Henry from Brentford or the other Rico (Diego) from Bournemouth who offered consistency and quality for them at the top level last season.

Whilst our the ‘long term’ Striker targets probably play outside the EFL and are unavailable, there are a few journeymen, injury ravaged, elderly, slow or ridiculously expensive options that might tempt Graham, Tony and Dan into a cheeky one year contract or pay-as-you-play deal. Murray had a Premier League renaissance with us in his early thirties, could we find another thirty something to hit double figures?

We are bookies favourite to sign both Deeney 7/2 and Welbeck 8/11. Whilst the profoundly expensive King is evens to go to Everton, there is also talk of us grabbing Swansea’s left winger and using him as a filler up front.

Are we actually looking to sign anyone?

Will any of our youngsters go out on loan?

Do we really need 4 keepers?

When will Naylor/Owen call time?

Keep up to date with everything DD2 here on this thread and enjoy either the joy and optimism of us signing an experienced Premier League Striker, or the amusing melt downs that could ensue if we don’t.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor said a championship loan looks unlikely for Sanders.

Does that mean a league 1 loan ? A loan to Portugal ? An unlikely loan to Russia ?

And Roberts. What is happening there ? Are we resigned to him stropping off next summer so are no longer interested In loaning him out to develop for someone else ?

I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, but don't forget the 5pm deadline doesn't apply to free agent Welbeck.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Damp Squib is as enthusiastic as I can get

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And Roberts. What is happening there ? Are we resigned to him stropping off next summer so are no longer interested In loaning him out to develop for someone else ?

Barber name checked him on Tuesday’s Q&A session.

The club clearly want to keep him but you can read through the lines (or his Dad’s Twitter) and see that he’s not keen on going out on loan.

I suspect that he is training with the first team, will make the FA Cup squads and might make the bench for the odd Premier League match if we have a fixture pile-up.

Let’s hope we pop him on a 2/3/4 year deal soon, he is a Brighton boy after all and has shown as much promise as any young centre back we have ever had.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, but don't forget the 5pm deadline doesn't apply to free agent Welbeck.

To get him on reasonable terms though, his agent needs to believe that we have options on the likes of Deeney, Sturridge or Ayew. If he is the only gig in town, his salary demands could be huge.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
unnamed.jpg

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm not expecting anything tbh, it will be a pleasant surprise if we bring anyone in. Welbz / Ayew just don't seem to fit the profile.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
The special EFL Edition of this summer’s transfer window (DD2) slams shut at 5pm today. Share your thoughts, fears and musings on this thread as, in all probability, no business is done ‘in’ or ‘out’ at the Albion.

We’ve be linked with a Striker and Left Wing Back all summer and duly signed the promising 21yr old Andi Zeqiri and the full Polish international, Michał Karbownik.

However, the former has only really played to League One level, do we really want to blood him too early and risk ending up with a ‘Sørloth Situation’ where, due to profound mismanagement by the football club, the player’s confidence is shot to pieces and they have to be loaned out to another club that can properly develop them and realise their full potential? With Connolly and Jahanbakhsh probably out for our crunch match with Palace, the NSC natives are getting restless, could there be torches and pitchforks outside the Amex tonight if we don’t land a Stop-Gap-Striker today?

Then there is our promising new left back, he currently plays for Legia Warsaw which is a formidable barrier to him being selected for our first team this season. That leaves the out of form Bernardo as back-up to the in form March. It should be interesting when Solly picks up his inevitable injury over the next week or two. Could we make a late dash for the promising Rico Henry from Brentford or the other Rico (Diego) from Bournemouth who offered consistency and quality for them at the top level last season.

Whilst our the ‘long term’ Striker targets probably play outside the EFL and are unavailable, there are a few journeymen, injury ravaged, elderly, slow or ridiculously expensive options that might tempt Graham, Tony and Dan into a cheeky one year contract or pay-as-you-play deal. Murray had a Premier League renaissance with us in his early thirties, could we find another thirty something to hit double figures?

We are bookies favourite to sign both Deeney 7/2 and Welbeck 8/11. Whilst the profoundly expensive King is evens to go to Everton, there is also talk of us grabbing Swansea’s left winger and using him as a filler up front.

Are we actually looking to sign anyone?

Will any of our youngsters go out on loan?

Do we really need 4 keepers?

When will Naylor/Owen call time?

Keep up to date with everything DD2 here on this thread and enjoy either the joy and optimism of us signing an experienced Premier League Striker, or the amusing melt downs that could ensue if we don’t.

Somehow that all reminds me of the opening narration of that brilliant 70's spoof "Soap". I can hear the music as i read it. Just me?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
King expected to STAY at Bournemouth according to my sources. :ohmy:

No bids on the table currently although if any are forthcoming Bournemouth will be very receptive.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to Knockaert's unveiling at Forest.

I still love him, but by Christ we absolutely mugged Fulham didn't we.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here