Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sussex Police (Burgess Hill) Shoutout

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Would just like to share my experience with Sussex Police today. Living in the States I usually call my Mum (80 years old) on a regular basis, but last weekend the line was busy, almost all day. Figured it was a phone issue and left it for a few days. Today called again and it rang but no answer, which is strange. My Mum just has a land line, gave up on the Cell and refuses to have a PC. So contacted few friends in the UK to check the number and they had the same issue, rings but no answer. I contacted Sussex Police and they have been more than helpful in checking the local hospitals and then going round for a welfare visit. From the first contact I had with the original guy that took my call (Luke) to the Burgess Hill PC who called me in the States on his cell phone to let me know alls well. Turns out that, yes she has an issue with the phone which will be fixed by BT on Friday after it being reported on Monday!

I am very conscious here in the States, of the attitude of a minority of the population towards the police, but they get my respect by putting their lives on the line for us citizens every day. And even more in the UK when they work with the protection of only a taser and a lump of polished wood.

Its a regular occurrence to hear ordinary folk around here say to the local officers "thank you for your service" I said that to the PC who called and I send that message to ThunderBolt as well.

Thats all.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Would just like to share my experience with Sussex Police today. Living in the States I usually call my Mum (80 years old) on a regular basis, but last weekend the line was busy, almost all day. Figured it was a phone issue and left it for a few days. Today called again and it rang but no answer, which is strange. My Mum just has a land line, gave up on the Cell and refuses to have a PC. So contacted few friends in the UK to check the number and they had the same issue, rings but no answer. I contacted Sussex Police and they have been more than helpful in checking the local hospitals and then going round for a welfare visit. From the first contact I had with the original guy that took my call (Luke) to the Burgess Hill PC who called me in the States on his cell phone to let me know alls well. Turns out that, yes she has an issue with the phone which will be fixed by BT on Friday after it being reported on Monday!

I am very conscious here in the States, of the attitude of a minority of the population towards the police, but they get my respect by putting their lives on the line for us citizens every day. And even more in the UK when they work with the protection of only a taser and a lump of polished wood.

Its a regular occurrence to hear ordinary folk around here say to the local officers "thank you for your service" I said that to the PC who called and I send that message to ThunderBolt as well.

Thats all.

I originally read the thread title as shootout so was worried where this thread was heading!

Glad all was well. I’ve got no problem with the Rozzers. Think they do a cracking job.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South

Thats all.

Glad everything went basically as good as can be!

An aside - rumor is it’s 50/50 that the Bama UGA game is postponed this weekend with Saban having the Covids. Had a ticket to the Auburn game but my best buddy has a child with a rare disease and I couldn’t risk getting to Athens being around her with my wife working in the Covid unit. I think CFB has been really good at getting this region some much needed normalcy so hopefully the season can play out.

Unfortunately my trip annual work trip to your neck of the woods is definitely postponed this year but maybe we can meet up for a beer and brisket next year.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Glad everything went basically as good as can be!

An aside - rumor is it’s 50/50 that the Bama UGA game is postponed this weekend with Saban having the Covids. Had a ticket to the Auburn game but my best buddy has a child with a rare disease and I couldn’t risk getting to Athens being around her with my wife working in the Covid unit. I think CFB has been really good at getting this region some much needed normalcy so hopefully the season can play out.

Unfortunately my trip annual work trip to your neck of the woods is definitely postponed this year but maybe we can meet up for a beer and brisket next year.

Hopefully we can get that arranged. :thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing

Thats all.
I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I was unable to contact my 85 year old cousin who lives alone in an isolated cottage in a very rural part of West Wales. I contacted the local Police who attended his home within an hour and found him ok. By coincidence he had been out of earshot of the phone each time I called.
I emailed my thanks to the police HQ which was apparently passed on to the local Division. My great surprise was receiving emails from each thanking me for my thanks which made me wonder if they found it unusual to be shown appreciation.

boik

Thats all.

I've had dealings with Luke before after a local theft. Really friendly and helpful and followed up assiduously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here