Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jack Dorsey - Twitter CEO. Likely subpoena to appear before congress next Friday.

larus

The accusation is that Twitter is filtering genuine interest stories because of the companies’ political views. There are a lot of stories going around which, if true, will prove the Joe Biden has lied about his knowledge of/involvement with Hunters business dealings and, that Joe Biden has also used political influence to remove a prosecutor in Ukraine who was investigating a company which Hunter was heavily involved with.

Now, Twitter says that it is politically neutral and it has banned this story as it is based on stolen evidence (from Hunter Bidens own laptop). However, they weren’t as concerned when it involved Trumps tax returns.

From my understanding of how the social media platforms want to portray themselves is that they don’t want to be legally liable for what is published on it’s platform (I.e. like an editor), as they say they can’t police everything.

The original story (about Hunter) was from the New York Post and they have had their Twitter posts about this story blocked too.

If Trump has cheated his tax returns, then that’s a public interest story (as yet unproven).
If Joe Biden has used his political office (VP) to benefit his son then that is also a public interest story (again, also unproven).

Think Jack will get a tough time next Friday is subpoenaed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the Summertime?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would think Twitter are concerned that the unverified evidence published in the article written but a journalist who has pictures of herself with Stone, Bannon et al on her instagram feed might be fabricated.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not followed any of this, but aren't Trump's dealings now a matter of public record?
Whereas the Biden allegations are just that and a questionable source?

Maybe I'm missing something, but at the moment the two things don't seem to be the same to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh yeah. They censor things. Like that thing in 2016...

As a private company I would have thought they were allowed to do that though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The accusation is that Twitter is filtering genuine interest stories because of the companies’ political views. There are a lot of stories going around which, if true, will prove the Joe Biden has lied about his knowledge of/involvement with Hunters business dealings and, that Joe Biden has also used political influence to remove a prosecutor in Ukraine who was investigating a company which Hunter was heavily involved with.

Now, Twitter says that it is politically neutral and it has banned this story as it is based on stolen evidence (from Hunter Bidens own laptop). However, they weren’t as concerned when it involved Trumps tax returns.

From my understanding of how the social media platforms want to portray themselves is that they don’t want to be legally liable for what is published on it’s platform (I.e. like an editor), as they say they can’t police everything.

The original story (about Hunter) was from the New York Post and they have had their Twitter posts about this story blocked too.

If Trump has cheated his tax returns, then that’s a public interest story (as yet unproven).
If Joe Biden has used his political office (VP) to benefit his son then that is also a public interest story (again, also unproven).

Except the tax returns weren't stolen.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

larus

Doesn't trump do this with every single on of his spawn?

I would have thought most intelligent people would say that there is a huge difference between employing members of your family as staff, and using your position as VP to threaten another country with withholding $1bln in aid unless they sack a prosecutor investigating a company your son is heavily linked with.

As I said, most intelligent people would.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I believe that the data came from Hunters old laptop which he put in for repair. I think the old disk has now passed onto the FBI.

Re Trumps tax returns. These are private, so how did they get to the reporter then? Someone stole them.

The Supreme Court ruled that Trump's financial records could be examined. Hardly screams skullduggery to me. But whatever keeps the snowflake right happy I guess.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I would have thought most intelligent people would say that there is a huge difference between employing members of your family as staff, and using your position as VP to threaten another country with withholding $1bln in aid unless they sack a prosecutor investigating a company your son is heavily linked with.

As I said, most intelligent people would.

Didn't trump do this to Turkey? So that they would investigate Biden?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The story was based on information the Post said was provided by Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

So no doubt everything must be true, and nothing to do with Trump being behind in the polls and wanting to discredit Biden.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is the Republican’s big play then.

I honestly, honestly thought they would have something more interesting/clever than just Hunter/Burisma yet again.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Twitter banned the story not because of the source but because it isn't true. The prosecutor wasn't removed from his post because he was investigating a dodgy company, but because he WASN'T investigating the dodgy company.

This is actually the reverse of the story you think it is, its about corrupt officials being cleaned up.

As for the fabrication about this being Hunter Biden's laptop, with one email of apparent note, that turns up on Giuliani and Bannon's social media - one just has to wonder how the Trump campaign became this much of a car crash.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are American. That is the answer, regardless of the actual question.

It's a different world over there.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I just live here as a long time visitor with no dog in this hunt. I can't vote, so I'm not useful and this is a strange land getting stranger by the day. This is how I see things.

If the media didn't have double standards, they would have no standards at all. Trump endured a 3 years 24x7 news cycle that started with the word RUSSIA and included the words PUTIN and CORRUPTION. This all based on a fabricated dossier that DNC and Hillary paid for. Everything I just wrote is a fact - not conjecture, no one disputes this. He was impeached based upon the dubious testimony of an anonymous whistleblower based on conversations with the leader of Ukraine. It now turns out - and everyone here knows it - that Joe Biden was engaged in influence peddling to help his son (read about this chequered past) extort money from MANY dubious companies, notably Ukraine. Everything I just wrote is probably factual. The big traditional media channels NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and print media, NYT, WAPO, LA Times are CLEARLY left wingers. They don't try to hide that fact and neutral sources have proven the bias over and over again. i can send the source links if people want them. Now the digital media FB, TW, Google are in on the act in a big way. Whether you like the orange man or not, they don't play with a straight bat, they really don't. It's Trump this, Trump that all day and all night when it's something he did. Honestly, that is what the average Joe is sick and tired of and what got him elected in the first place.

Take it or leave it, this is one expats view on things.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I just live here as a long time visitor with no dog in this hunt. I can't vote, so I'm not useful and this is a strange land getting stranger by the day. This is how I see things.

If the media didn't have double standards, they would have no standards at all. Trump endured a 3 years 24x7 news cycle that started with the word RUSSIA and included the words PUTIN and CORRUPTION. This all based on a fabricated dossier that DNC and Hillary paid for. Everything I just wrote is a fact - not conjecture, no one disputes this. He was impeached based upon the dubious testimony of an anonymous whistleblower based on conversations with the leader of Ukraine. It now turns out - and everyone here knows it - that Joe Biden was engaged in influence peddling to help his son (read about this chequered past) extort money from MANY dubious companies, notably Ukraine. Everything I just wrote is probably factual. The big traditional media channels NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and print media, NYT, WAPO, LA Times are CLEARLY left wingers. They don't try to hide that fact and neutral sources have proven the bias over and over again. i can send the source links if people want them. Now the digital media FB, TW, Google are in on the act in a big way. Whether you like the orange man or not, they don't play with a straight bat, they really don't. It's Trump this, Trump that all day and all night when it's something he did. Honestly, that is what the average Joe is sick and tired of and what got him elected in the first place.

Well you live there so it must all be true.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Your problem here is that your denouncing the left wing media using nothing but right wing media talking points. You couldn't write that post without being influenced by right wing media. So yes, the media in America are a problem, but not necessarily in the direction you think

Last edited:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Well you live there so it must all be true.

I share my observations, that’s all. BBC suppresses content that is available here. Like I said, take it or leave it. I’ve no dog in the hunt. It’s a strange land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here