Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Cash Converters - phones

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just used them for the very first time to SELL something.

I've recently upgraded my phone, and my network provider 02 offered me £96 for my old phone (Samsung A50). I wasn't happy with that, so I minced into Cash Converters this lunchtime out of curiosity to feel the deal. They ran a few diagnostics on it, came back, and offered me £130. So I said "thank you very much", stuffed the moola in my wallet and went on my way. I'm now realising what a MUG I've been, just lazily surrendering my phones back to the network providers all these years. I also got £45 for an old HTC M8 thats been living in one of my drawers for the last 18 months. Rrrrrresult.

Worth bearing in mind folks, if you're in the market. I always assumed CC was just a mecca for burglars, thieves, dropouts and druggies, but turns out you can do some legit business with them as well. Who knew ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and how much you get for this endorsement?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've just used them for the very first time to SELL something.

I've recently upgraded my phone, and my network provider 02 offered me £96 for my old phone (Samsung A50). I wasn't happy with that, so I minced into Cash Converters this lunchtime out of curiosity to feel the deal. They ran a few diagnostics on it, came back, and offered me £130. So I said "thank you very much", stuffed the moola in my wallet and went on my way. I'm now realising what a MUG I've been, just lazily surrendering my phones back to the network providers all these years. I also got £45 for an old HTC M8 thats been living in one of my drawers for the last 18 months. Rrrrrresult.

Worth bearing in mind folks, if you're in the market. I always assumed CC was just a mecca for burglars, thieves, dropouts and druggies, but turns out you can do some legit business with them as well. Who knew ?

Isn't this what eBay is for...? A quick scan of completed items suggests you'd get £160-170 for a Samsung A50 in good condition. Currently no listing fee, £1 seller fee.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and how much you get for this endorsement?

Well I'm already £175 up on the deal, so I'd call that a productive lunchtime. Anything else would be a bonus.

I bought an iPod Nano from them once after I lost my iPod Touch during an evening of drunken BUFFOONERY a few years back, and its still going strong. I think thats the last time I actively used them. Never actually sold anything to them though, before today. I'm now considering ransacking the house this weekend to see what other old tat I can palm off on them. Certainly infinitely preferable to standing in a windswept field at a car boot sale all day, haggling over 50p with some dishevelled slack-jawed yokel over the price of a George Forman grill.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Isn't this what eBay is for...? A quick scan of completed items suggests you'd get £160-170 for a Samsung A50 in good condition. Currently no listing fee, £1 seller fee.

I just honestly cannot be arsed. Lifes too short for Ebay. I don't mind ordering stuff, but putting stuff up, auctioning and posting it to the punter ? Nah. I know millions do, but I'm very, very lazy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ebay is bad as a seller

I have loads of old phones knocking about, even an old flip front ericson from nearly 20 years ago ( my first mobile) they must be worth hundreds of pence now ;-)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
ebay is bad as a seller

I have loads of old phones knocking about, even an old flip front ericson from nearly 20 years ago ( my first mobile) they must be worth hundreds of pence now ;-)

Classic phones will have to go the way of classic cars, won't they ?

I reckon Easy has been stitched up and we'll be rich at some point in the future ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

eBay is fine, but £30 odd less just for walking through a door is a fair swap for a bit of hassle posting the sale online, answering questions, post and packing and any future comeback from the buyer.

It's horses for courses. I happily spent about 3 1/2 hrs in the fresh air in a field in the country on Sunday pulling in about £85 net for stuff in the garage and a bit of previous boot sale stock. I thought that was worth it too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I second this.
All you slaves to capitalism need to keep your old phones in circulation.

Sporadically I need to buy a 'new' phone from Game, never more than £100.
I pay £10 (or £12 can't remember) a month to GiffGaff.

So the maximum my phone costs is £220 a year, but normally £120.

For that I'm able to admire the work of Tracey Adams* anywhere I want.

So please keep the supply running.

* Not a work search [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] understands. :lol:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Music Magpie is another option - no idea on how it compares with Cash Converters for value but at least you won't have to visit that less than salubrious part of (whichever) town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here