Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Joaquin Phoenix to play Napoleon

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
In Ridley Scott's biopic of the French Emperor, 'Kitbag', the title coming from Bonaparte's quote "There's a General's staff in every soldier's kitbag"

After the Joker Phoenix arguably has to be one of the best actors at the moment, lets hope the cinema's are all up and running by the time its released?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In Ridley Scott's biopic of the French Emperor, 'Kitbag', the title coming from Bonaparte's quote "There's a General's staff in every soldier's kitbag"

After the Joker Phoenix arguably has to be one of the best actors at the moment, lets hope the cinema's are all up and running by the time its released?

That's unusual, they normally have English actors playing the bad guys.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's unusual, they normally have English actors playing the bad guys.

Oh don't worry on this occasion we are portrayed as the bad guys and no doubt English actors will be playing the parts of the Germans, the Americans will play the parts of the Russians and Liam Neeson will play all the French soldiers using special effects.
Napoleon was a misunderstood hard done by great leader and was terribly treated by the British.

Which in fairness has an element of truth to it.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oh don't worry on this occasion we are portrayed as the bad guys, Napoleon was a misunderstood hard done by great leader and was terribly treated by the British.

Corsican rather than French .......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Oh don't worry on this occasion we are portrayed as the bad guys and no doubt English actors will be playing the parts of the Germans, the Americans will play the parts of the Russians and Liam Neeson will play all the French soldiers using special effects.
Napoleon was a misunderstood hard done by great leader and was terribly treated by the British.

Great, I can't wait for the movies about Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Got to be Russell Crowe as Nelson, firing his cannons at the French and Spanish fleet while bellowing: “Are you not entertained?” in their direction.

Duncan Norvelle or Idris Elba to play Sir Thomas Hardy...or just Tom Hardy playing Tom Hardy.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South

Isn’t it usually the Australians (Mel Gibson, Crowe, Ledger) who play the good guys and didn’t Phoenix (American) play the bad guy in Gladiator? Or am I thinking way too narrowly about specific Ridley Scott type movies?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The problem is you’re going to be watching it thinking: “That’s not Napoleon, just an actor pretending to be him,” which ruins it to a large extent, depending, I guess, on how much you’re willing to suspend disbelief obviously.

Personally I’d stick with John Malkovich’s dreadful Russian accent in the classic poker film Rounders: “Payyy Heeeeeem the muuunnny, payyyy dat man heees muunnnnyyy”

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9552418 said:
Am I the only one who can't stand Joaquin Phoenix (and thinks the Joker was shite, mostly because of his "acting")?

I thought the joker was shit but I think Joaquin is a very great actor in the right part. Napoleon could be great for him with Ridley Scott. We will get his weirdness but not too much of it considering how Ridley likes to do movies. He’ll be channeled down appropriately for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here