Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] I am having a Ben's Grandad Moment can anyone help ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
On a website similar to NSC.

I can see threads like this one but when I log into the the thread. The screen goes slightly darker. A bit like there is a slightly darker film then covers my screen which then stops me interacting on the site any further. Like replying to a post but I can't work out how to remove that screen.

It only happens on my phone on that site but not on my main PC.

It was initially fine on my phone as well so I have obviously clicked on my phone which brings up that screen in error.

Does anyone have any idea what I might have done and how I can resolve the issue ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can see threads like this one but when I log into the the thread. The screen goes slightly darker. A bit like there is a slightly darker film then covers my screen which then stops me interacting on the site any further. Like replying to a post but I can't work out how to remove that screen.

It was initially fine on my phone as well so I have obviously clicked on my phone which brings up that screen in error.

Does anyone have any idea what I might have done and how I can resolve the issue ?

Is the site in question:-

'CloughStandChat'? :lol: :kiss:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have you tried turning dark mode on and off again ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is the site in question:-

'CloughStandChat'? :lol: :kiss:

No but similar. You are n extremely perceptive man; however, do you have a solution to my issue ?

I used to love BGs computer issue threads and the really funny responses but I know how he must have felt coz I'm rubbish on computers and this is probably something dead simple

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Have you tried zooming out as far as you can go to make sure there isn’t a pop-up/cookies message you need to clear?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have you tried turning dark mode on and off again ???

LOL LOL

Is this gonna be like waiting to get though to the tenth Support person at Sky TV coz the first nine people can only follow a flow chart and know nothing about Sky Technology ?

I am jesting of course. I just need to be able to respond when I am drunk on long train journeys when I'm drunk to make the journey pass quicker

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have you tried zooming out as far as you can go to make sure there isn’t a pop-up/cookies message you need to clear?

thats whjat I was thinking, sometimes you get a pop up ad with a semi opaque background, it paralizes your screen until you find the sodding tiny X to shut it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To echo others, it sounds like a popup or a cookie acceptance-type overlay that perhaps hasn't loaded in properly, so you can't get rid of it, causing the issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No but similar. You are n extremely perceptive man; however, do you have a solution to my issue ?
Change your user name...

...They knew you were coming.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think you have inadvertently entered the dark web, the russian security forces will be tracking your every move and cloning you....

Откуда мы знаем, что это не уловка ?

북한에서 지켜보고 있습니다!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to try to be helpful.

Have you tried force-stopping the app ? (just long-press it, select 'app info' and force stop should be at the bottom right). It effectively reboots it.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I had exactly the same problem with my laptop and it turned out to be a dirty screen. I unplugged the laptop and gave it a bath and then everything was fine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here