Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex deducted points and Clayden given 9 match suspension

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So what’s the consequence on this rule infraction? Ie for next season?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So what’s the consequence on this rule infraction? Ie for next season?

As I understand it, the points were for this season so we just finish further adrift at the bottom of the group.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As I understand it, the points were for this season so we just finish further adrift at the bottom of the group.

No coach, best players leaving, broke, now our good reputation going down the pan. Looking forward to next season already!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No coach, best players leaving, broke, now our good reputation going down the pan.

Hmmm... not sure about our good reputation. There have been very few county cricketers banned for match fixing but we've seen two our players banned for dodgy goings on at a Sussex match.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hmmm... not sure about our good reputation. There have been very few county cricketers banned for match fixing but we've seen two our players banned for dodgy goings on at a Sussex match.

Just trying to think of something positive to justify next season’s ST. I know, we’ll have a smart entrance to the ground (are the gates going?)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone know how long Mitch’s contract is? I am guessing it must be more than year , (which is a joke given his age btw).
If it is 2 years plus , would this incident give us grounds to terminate now?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

On the plus side based on recent stories we don't appear to be racist unlike a few of the counties

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Anyone know how long Mitch’s contract is? I am guessing it must be more than year , (which is a joke given his age btw).
If it is 2 years plus , would this incident give us grounds to terminate now?

Signing him was a joke in the first place and yes, I'd imagine what he did is more than adequate grounds for termination. Will they do it??? Of course not, this is Sussex ffs!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the plus side based on recent stories we don't appear to be racist unlike a few of the counties

Yes, that's a good point. There have been some real horror stories coming out over the past few months

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not looking for scapegoats, but you have to wonder quite what Rob Andrew has brought to the party. Happy to be told. We don't seem to have flourished in the last few years.

It’s a hard one to answer. Is our recent crapness down to how the club has been managed or are we victims of a wider decline of county cricket, particularly those counties without test grounds?
Almost certainly it’s a combination of both.
Personally I think anyone running that club Would struggle to keep us competitive, although at times the club hasn’t helped itself. Certainly Andrew overestimated how effective Gillespie would be. He’s entitled to feel let down by Gillespie. Gillespie was given more than reasonable backing and failed to deliver. If you’re looking for a main villain , I’d go with the Aussie.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If we needed someone o nervelessly kick for points and territory in a wet and windy Murrayfield Rob Andrews the man. For all things cricket related I'm less convinced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here