Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The importance o football

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Is it just me, but I just can’t get worked up about football at the moment.

I am watching the England game but can’t really feel any passion for the match or result. I don’t know exactly why, whether it is no crowd, not being able to go to matches, the virus itself.

A sending off and penalty while I type this, just about sums it up really.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It is all a bit difficult at the moment so can understand this but at least live sport gives us something. I dont really care much for England games at the best of times but it still matters when Albion are playing - virus or no virus

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree.

Nations League games aren't getting the pulse racing.

But probably more importantly it's that now there's proof that other things are more important

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m an England fan and always will be but tonight’s performance is poor. Senior players are just not offering any leadership with the exception of Walker. Kane, Rashford, Maguire, Pickford playing like they dont want to be there. Get Grealish on and get a Dane red carded.

Wrong thread??

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I am watching the England game but can’t really feel any passion for the match or result. I don’t know exactly why, whether it is no crowd, not being able to go to matches, the virus itself.

I'm the opposite. Football has been a saver, been enjoying all of it more in these odd times.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's good to have such an original and refreshing thread on NSC. Certainly no temptation to rehash 37 other threads' worth of similar moans.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

People, sick, dying and out of work seems to put things into some kind of perspective.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s all money. Only reason these games are being played.

I think they should’ve cancelled competitions like this. Players need a break, and football needed to catch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here