Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Lights

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe somebody just wants a bit of joy amid a fairly shitty year.

I could see a lot of people doing it earlier than they normally would this year. Though I personally draw the line at anything before 1st December.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes the first outside Christmas Lights have been spotted.

Only 72 days to go and already up.

Is this a record?
St Ives will be switching on their lights two weeks today. I think there will be plenty of people switching theirs on and getting their trees up this month.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My misses wants me to get the decorations out the loft this weekend, just so she can have a look..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
St Ives will be switching on their lights two weeks today.

Bit different for local authorities and shops though: they're understandably desperate to get people out Christmas shopping. That's always the case, even in a normal year.

Agree that Joe Public might go to town on their houses sooner (and bigger) then usual. Let's face it, there aren't going to be office Christmas parties (unless you work in an office of less than six), while you'd imagine the supply of jolly faced, white bearded old pensioners who are willing to sit in an enclosed shed while hundreds of children queue up to see them is going to be dwindling somewhat. What else are we going to do except get drunk and turn our houses into Clark Griswold's?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I saw Halloween decorations all over a window of a house in Newhaven yesterday.
Yes I know Halloween is at the end of this month, but many people put decorations up on the actual day, I do seem to remember seeing one house last year with Halloween decorations up on October 1st.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Not normally a fan of going all out on Christmas and Christmas decorations etc ..The way I have always seen it is that there have always been so many better times throughout the year, Away games, Home games, Holidays, weekends away etc etc where as 2020 has put a stop to a lot of that I say let go all out this year - Lets have Sussex lit up and shinning bright !!!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Twat.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't feel like Christmas this year. I haven't seen my son up north for twelve months, nor any inlaws. I haven't seen my daughter since the end of July which was in her garden. I just wanted to hug her but couldn't/
Putting decorations up will only remind me of what I am missing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Couldn't care less about Christmas this year - not likely that I'll be in a position to go home, my partner will probably be in the same position in addition to it being the first Christmas since he lost his Dad (neither of us has seen any of our family in person since Xmas/New Year last year).

All in all, not a lot of Christmas cheer chez Frutos I suspect.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't feel like Christmas this year. I haven't seen my son up north for twelve months, nor any inlaws. I haven't seen my daughter since the end of July which was in her garden. I just wanted to hug her but couldn't/
Putting decorations up will only remind me of what I am missing.

I know we don’t see eye to eye on many things, but I do feel for you. I do hope that the UK gets a little cheer at Xmas, but. I also fear that Boris has done too little, too late. You are a strong person, you will get through this, and one day we will all be with our loved ones again. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know we don’t see eye to eye on many things, but I do feel for you. I do hope that the UK gets a little cheer at Xmas, but. I also fear that Boris has done too little, too late. You are a strong person, you will get through this, and one day we will all be with our loved ones again. :thumbsup:

Thank you.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Christmas is usually quiet at our place, and I'm sure it will be this year.

as for lights, I have mine up all year round. . .oil lamp.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A family were putting their tree up in Goring on 10th September when I drove past. Struck me as a tad early.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can't we just give it a miss this year ? I know it means missing out on Mrs Browns' Boys Christmas Special but we have to make sacrifices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here