Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keeping the rivalry alive

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So this weekend sees us take on Palace again but without the one vital ingredient the Fans , of this perceived fake Derby by most outside of the two clubs .

As much as I try I can't actually get very excited or even nervous about it , the thought of winning of course will make me happy ,but if we were to lose I'm probably looking at a Meh , at worst .

That can't be right , how are you feeling , if anything at all so close to matchday .

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Right now I don't really care. I hate them as much as anyone due to growing up with them as my local team but I couldn't give a damn right now.

However, once it kicks off I am sure that I will be going mad and will be in an awful mood if we don't win

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Right now I don't really care. I hate them as much as anyone due to growing up with them as my local team but I couldn't give a damn right now.

However, once it kicks off I am sure that I will be going mad and will be in an awful mood if we don't win

Me too, I feel that we have so much in common these days that I struggle to feel as strongly about them as I used to. Of course I want to beat them but no more than I want us to put one over the top teams. Worrying isn’t it, it used to be the two games I cared most about. Now I’d almost rather beat Villa or Leeds :shrug:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I went to the games in the 70's & 80's so it will always be the biggest game for me

Closely followed by Pompey & Saints

All the other games are just that, whether it be Lincoln or Liverpool

So yes,really looking forward to it,whatever the situation

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Me too, I feel that we have so much in common these days that I struggle to feel as strongly about them as I used to. Of course I want to beat them but no more than I want us to put one over the top teams. Worrying isn’t it, it used to be the two games I cared most about. Now I’d almost rather beat Villa or Leeds :shrug:

Jesus, it’s only 90 mins (depending on who’s refing). Get with the programme and find a bit of hate in your heart. It’s them. That lot. Up the road. The infidels. Scum. Our scum. How on earth can you NOT be looking forward to defeating them?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Just as massive as ever for me. Means everything. My boss is a Palace fan and thinks exactly the same.

Bring it on, will be as nervous as always.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Still an embarrassment that figure.

Agreed, all those that claim to hate or despise Palace and bang on about the rivalry could not be bothered, put your boots on the ground.

Pah, fair weather fans.
Excuse excuses....
Take your pick
"it was cold, it was an evening game, it was on a monday, it was on tv, the buses/trains/ were messed up"

It was Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jesus, it’s only 90 mins (depending on who’s refing). Get with the programme and find a bit of hate in your heart. It’s them. That lot. Up the road. The infidels. Scum. Our scum. How on earth can you NOT be looking forward to defeating them?

Nope, I can’t feel the hate at the moment :shrug:

Of course everything will change once we reach match day I’m sure. As a fan since 1975 I have lived and breathed the rivalry but maybe as I get older things become less intense. Keep the hate going though, it’s a healthy rivalry and I’ll leave it up to you youngsters now :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here