Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not giving up on the albion

Are you giving up on he Albion?

• Not giving up on the albion

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Not paying the £15 for the extra telly but, yeah.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Not paying the £15 for what I already paid for. Barber out.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I'm finished with Brighton and Hove Albion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm finished with football

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I'm having a tough time with all this covid shit and Brexit. Ask me later.

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not ever. Not me. Poll to follow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typos in the poll question are allowed when it's late and you're feeling a bit emotional.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have given up on the Albion a few times, I have given up giving up on them now. However, I reserve the right to take up giving up on the Albion again in the future.

The worst bout of giving up on the Albion came for me when Dean Wilkins was nudged out for the return of Mickey Adams.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm distinctly miffed at this PPV malarky (not going into it again here). But if they dare vote in favour of what those Scouse/Manc c*nts have come up with, then I will absolutely lose my shit. And that might just be it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just don't get the same feelings watching us on the box. Yes get excited but nothing compared to home games.

Not worth it for me to pay £15 to watch. Prefer to pay double or whatever for my ST to watch live.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm distinctly miffed at this PPV malarky (not going into it again here). But if they dare vote in favour of what those Scouse/Manc c*nts have come up with, then I will absolutely lose my shit. And that might just be it.

For the middle of the night, very succinctly put.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Copy and paste below, to exactly the same thread with a different title.

I have been on a long tearful, painful, anxiety ridden journey with the Albion, starting at the goldstone and just because we have finally reached our current destination to the the land of milk and money it does not mean our journey is over. Every platform we have stopped at brought its own problems from the long arduous trawl to Gillingham to sitting in the rain division eight..... oh so many sighs, oh so many sleepless nights, oh so many screams of “just git rid of the feckin ball” , oh so many gasps of amazement when Bobby & Glenn ruled the roost, oh so many happy memories to cherish forever, oh so many more to come.

Never, Never, Never give up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In the immortal words of Luther Vandross "Never Too Much"

Anyway I'd like to hear a political view on the subject...paging [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I’m haven’t totally given up on football but it’s the answer most applicable to how I feel now and unlikely to be put in to reverse gear. This latest TV nonsense is no surprise. Just the last bit of milk being drained out the cash cow while simultaneously being killed by a thousand cuts. Var stuff a mess, the game being better without fans, the Man Utd debacle a few weeks back, the nations league, City, Pogba™, Ozil The Loyal, Furloughgate, RIP Bury, Leeds fans, FIFA loot boxes, gambling, terrible plastic kits...and that’s just off the top of my head...since last season season.

I’m not old...I’m 35...but I’m too old for football. The game is just flogged at kids now. I’ll watch it from time to time and hope Albion win but recent events have polarised my world view to the priorities of Albion and deluded, disconnected footballers. Total vacuum. I listened to KDB, who is arguably one of the most tolerable players to listen to, moan about not having a holiday this year. I liked football. For goodness sake, I even still dream about playing...but none of this is about ****ing football - it’s just money and disgusting greed and it’s ruined the game.

Anyway, UTA. :)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Defo not giving up on the Albion. Happy to return to less expensive routes to follow the team until we can return to the ground.

Would've been less annoyed about shelling out £14.95 to watch one game if I hadn't already shelled out £25 to BT to have access to two games I really have no interest in seeing.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'd be lying if I said all is well. There is a strong sense of creeping indifference.

For me, the spectacle of a game played BCD (plus piped crowd noise) and still getting buggered up by VAR decisions and/or inept refereeing is a step too far. I mean. I know it IS football, sort of, but it's a million miles from what I signed up for 30 odd years ago.

Based on the above, I think keeping the fans engaged ought to be a much bigger priority that it seems to be. Instead, we have project Big Picture, we have the PPV debate, and meanwhile I am sure a number of us are going "you know what, I'm really not that bothered anymore".

That would doubtless change for me if the COVID rules allowed a small restart of fans going back, but at the present time that seems a long way off.

Where's the poll option for that??!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

THIS.

And I think there’s a risk we might IF before any vote we go on a roll and win some games and our team looks like it will safely stay above the 16th parallel.

Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Never giving up. And I'm also one of the mugs who WILL be paying the £15 for the games not on Sky, BT or Prime that I'm already paying subscriptions for.

I love this club and I might be a bit naive but I do think the people we have running the club are making the right decisions for our long term future. At a tough time for all of us, I do also find the Albion the best positive distraction for me along with the kids. It's obviously not the same as going to the game but I spend all week looking forward to watching us play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here