Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewes Community Football Club Is An Absolute Breath Of Fresh Air

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whitehawk are even more St Pauli than Lewes but Lewes does have a much nicer ground.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Whover did/does that artwork is/was a total class act. On a par with the kiddie that used to do the HTFC match reports in cartoon form :bowdown:

yeah they cheered me up on my way to work

(I retired last year .... just as well as my ex-colleagues have been laid off :down:)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can not see many NSCers getting in with them to be honest. Especially given how a lot of them think we have a terrible squad and our current performances have been so bad. Just imagine the vitriol when they see Lewes play.

Wouldn't happen tho. You'd go in there eyes wide open, watch it like you'd watch your kid's school match, appreciate the endeavour if not the level of skill, have a beer on the terraces, maybe a bag of chips, feel greeted like a welcomed guest when you arrive, then stroll two minutes down the road to an empty train or a welcoming pub when you leave. Big call coming up next March...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wouldn't happen tho. You'd go in there eyes wide open, watch it like you'd watch your kid's school match, appreciate the endeavour if not the level of skill, have a beer on the terraces, maybe a bag of chips, feel greeted like a welcomed guest when you arrive, then stroll two minutes down the road to an empty train or a welcoming pub when you leave. Big call coming up next March...

Cheerio

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can not see many NSCers getting in with them to be honest. Especially given how a lot of them think we have a terrible squad and our current performances have been so bad. Just imagine the vitriol when they see Lewes play.

You won't know about the time Nsc sponsored a Lewes match, because Lewes FC stood up for the Albion getting our stadium at Falmer. The sponsors pulled out, so Nsc stepped in.
A fine time was had by all.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Ideally, mix the two - Home Albion games at the Amex and pop along to the Pan for other games and the fantastic Women's team too. Its a whole different match day experience and I love them both. Perhaps we should all aim for that football fix with our local teams, if you can get a ticket :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Our own personal FC St. Pauli, right here on our doorstep. Just saying, like

www.lewesfc.com

For further proof, should any be needed, just browse their website :bowdown:

See a handful of Lewes games before (years ago) and to be totally honest, i found it all rather boring as i just couldn't get excited about watching a team that i had no passion for or real interest in.

Dull games, dull atmosphere and poor skill and this was at a time when they were flying up the leagues.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If I HAD to pick a local non-league side to support, it would be Lewes FC. Met my missus in Lewes, worked there, love the club's ethos and - given that I grew up in Moulsecoomb - I can't bring myself to support Whitehawk.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
With all the crap that's floating around an already poisoned and corrupt premier league I have seriously been thinking about this for next season. Will probably go along a few times this season with my better half. Then it may be time to hand in my season ticket

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I went to Lewes on Saturday. Enjoyed it because went with a few friends and hadnt been there for a long time. but please dont try and tell me there is any comparison to watching Albion. We were supporting Lewes and glad they won. However standard surprislngly poor .Not much better then park football but very much fitter. We now aim to visit Whitehawk, Eastbourne Bor, Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill and Bognor. Let me know if I have left any out

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
See a handful of Lewes games before (years ago) and to be totally honest, i found it all rather boring as i just couldn't get excited about watching a team that i had no passion for or real interest in.

Dull games, dull atmosphere and poor skill and this was at a time when they were flying up the leagues.

A bit like the Albion at Withdean then? :lol:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Amazed how many people on an Albion website don't appear to be Brighton fans at all? No one other than a couple of rich Americans can be happy with 'events' but I find it incredible that so many are willing to give up 'supporting' 'their' club because of machiavellian moves made by others. We fought long and hard to exist as a football club and Bloom and his team have taken us to heights we thought we would never see again. Are they perfect? No. A lot of what is done I disapprove of.

PPV is wrong especially at the price quoted but what do people expect from the club? Staying in the division is hard enough without surrendering competitive advantage to others even if we could opt out. After all of the drama and grief of so many to get to where we are people want to bail out? Fine, that is your prerogative but Brighton and Hove Albion supporters you aren't...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here