Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salford City

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see they’ve sacked Alexander who got them to the League and their current 5th place and put co-owner Scholes in charge.
Funny that people who are quick to slam other clubs for pulling the trigger on a successful manager are suddenly okay to do it themselves

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Scholes left his role as Oldham manager due to interference from the club owner. 2019

Scholes (part owner) of Salford becomes Manager. 2020

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
233 days since their last defeat. Love stats.

Speaking of weird stats.

I looked at the league table and there is one team in the top 10 who have a negative goal difference. They are top. Yes first. After 5 games they are top and have conceded more goals than they have scored. Four wins and one defeat. This feels like a pretty exceptional situation. Doesn’t it? A five nil defeat and four victories by one goal.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Four wins and one defeat. This feels like a pretty exceptional situation. Doesn’t it? A five nil defeat and four victories by one goal.

I'd take that for the next 5 Albion league games (as long as the 5-0 defeat is not to Palace, on reflection I might even take that for the 4 wins) :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why was Alexander sacked?

Oviously we don't know. I'd like to think it was for something more than drawing a game when lots of players were out due to covid.

Clearly not because the ginger twit is desperate to manage :shrug:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just like Subbuteo for the 6 class of '92 owners.

But maybe nice that they are putting their [considerable] football earnings back into the game I suppose

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have Cheltenham good ew odds, with Ipswich and Bristol City as an £5 e/w patent, looking ok at the moment.

far better than betting every week

Didn't Ipswich also hit the front this time last season? And then were struggling to maintain a place in the top half before they desperately wanted the season finished.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My flatmate at University was a Scunthorpe Fan and he hated Alexander with a passion towards the end of his tenure, strange lineups and dropped them from 1st to 5th at the crunch point of the season so I wasn't overly surprised they've sacked him but I didn't realise they were top. But truth being told with the squad they have for that level they should really be dominating every game. Strange to bring in Scholes, but maybe there is someone else in the pipeline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here