Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dentist Query - Any one a dentist or know how the system works ?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Totally agree have had insurance plans for 12 years @£15 per month through work that covers the wife and I for ALL nhs treatment through UNUM. pay up front and get the money back in 2-3 days (in full)...

Plus my dentist has been working as near as normal as possible since March, I had a filling postponed in April and was called in in July to get it done, also had my next check up booked for November......So dont tar all dentists with the same brush.....OH and I didn't have to pay for her PPE....(Thats complete crap as the only thing changed is probably gloves, as I watched them sanitise the face shield) for a filling If drilling was involved they would use a filtered mask, otherwise as far as I can remember it was a standard medical mask.
The reason dentists are putting a surcharge on PPE isn't necessarily because they're using more, it's because the PPE they usually use is a lot more expensive at the moment. Not sure about right now, but I remember hearing in June that it was about 5x higher in cost

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The reason dentists are putting a surcharge on PPE isn't necessarily because they're using more, it's because the PPE they usually use is a lot more expensive at the moment. Not sure about right now, but I remember hearing in June that it was about 5x higher in cost

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well I guess I have a good dentist who is not passing those costs on to patients......but if they did it makes the insurance look even better value.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Dental help needed please.

I went to the dentist in late February to have emergency treatment and was given a date in mid-March to return to have the temporary fittings removed. Just as the shit storm hit us, I was extremely worried as I'm in contact fairly regularly with quite a few older people and phoned up to postpone. Since then, I phoned back and they said they had a line of backlog treatments. Really? I should have been more persistent and ensured that I got seen. However, I knew the virus hadn't gone away and thought of others around me at the time.

It seems to feel more like the gum than raging toothache at the moment although I've been conscious of stale breath for a while. It feels like something pressing on my left side.

Any recommendations? I've got some Orajel which completely numbs the area for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here