Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Athletic Football Agent Transfer Survey

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which Premier League club had the best transfer window? Who had the worst? What was the most surprising deal? Is there a big signing that is destined to go wrong? Which new player is going to light things up over the next eight months? Did anybody slip under the radar?

After the main transfer window that allows Premier League clubs to trade across the world closed on Monday evening, The Athletic set about finding out the answers to those questions and more by speaking to the people at the centre of the deals.

Across the past few days, we asked 18 football agents the same 15 questions, all under anonymity to encourage them to speak honestly and candidly about the transfer activity that has gone on over the last couple of months.

Full article (paywall): https://theathletic.com/2110375/202...rton-solskjaer-parker/?source=freeweeklyemail

Albion mentions:

Which club had the worst window?

Man Utd - 32%
Burnley - 28%
Fulham - 20%
West Ham - 12%
Brighton - 4%

Following this transfer window, which Premier League manager do you think is most likely to be the first to lose their job?

Scott Parker - 40%
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 32%
Sean Dyche - 12%
Slaven Bilic - 4%
Frank Lampard - 4%
Graham Potter 4%

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Which Premier League club had the best transfer window? Who had the worst? What was the most surprising deal? Is there a big signing that is destined to go wrong? Which new player is going to light things up over the next eight months? Did anybody slip under the radar?

After the main transfer window that allows Premier League clubs to trade across the world closed on Monday evening, The Athletic set about finding out the answers to those questions and more by speaking to the people at the centre of the deals.

Across the past few days, we asked 18 football agents the same 15 questions, all under anonymity to encourage them to speak honestly and candidly about the transfer activity that has gone on over the last couple of months.

Full article (paywall): https://theathletic.com/2110375/202...rton-solskjaer-parker/?source=freeweeklyemail

Albion mentions:

Man Utd - 32%
Burnley - 28%
Fulham - 20%
West Ham - 12%
Brighton - 4%

Following this transfer window, which Premier League manager do you think is most likely to be the first to lose their job?
Scott Parker - 40%
Sean Dyche - 12%
Slaven Bilic - 4%
Frank Lampard - 4%
Graham Potter 4%

In a sport famous for players giving it 110%, agent polls only give 96%

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion mentions:

Man Utd - 32%
Burnley - 28%
Fulham - 20%
West Ham - 12%
Brighton - 4%

Scott Parker - 40%
Sean Dyche - 12%
Slaven Bilic - 4%
Frank Lampard - 4%
Graham Potter 4%

How do they get 4%? If just one of the 18 agents votes that we had the worst transfer window, that would be approximately 5.6%. Was one of them allowed to vote just a bit, but not a full vote?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How do they get 4%? If just one of the 18 agents votes that we had the worst transfer window, that would be approximately 5.6%. Was one of them allowed to vote just a bit, but not a full vote?

Rounding?

Also I suspect some votes were too low to be counted. 'Eh?' you might ask? When I lived in Canada there was some interesting discussion about a survey on ethnicity to explore the preponderance of minorities. The questionnaire listed possible choices. A couple of the native races were left off. When inquiries were made the government replied that there were 'too few of them to constitute a minority'.

Sean Dyche, 2%.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Albion mentions:

Man Utd - 32%
Burnley - 28%
Fulham - 20%
West Ham - 12%
Brighton - 4%

Scott Parker - 40%
Sean Dyche - 12%
Slaven Bilic - 4%
Frank Lampard - 4%
Graham Potter 4%

Yet another Athletic piece conveniently guaranteeing anonymity so that no quote is attributed. Any journalist filing something like that to a paper would be told to go away and not come back until somebody was willing to speak on the record. Once their editor had stopped laughing, that is. "18 football agents"? At what level? Unless we know who these agents are and what skin they have in the game, how can we know what their opinions are worth?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Beginning to think The Athletic is actually not that good at all....

Naylor is okay and a few of the others, I like the US sport coverage but won’t be renewing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Naylor is okay and a few of the others, I like the US sport coverage but won’t be renewing.

I haven’t renewed but find myself increasingly frustrated when one of their many journos tweets a link to an off the wall interesting article and I can’t access...

There were tonnes of deals previously but now all of a sudden they’ve got tighter than a gnats chuff with them.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008

I agree, other than the US sport bit. And I think Naylor is one of the weaker contributors. Will not renew.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I haven’t renewed but find myself increasingly frustrated when one of their many journos tweets a link to an off the wall interesting article and I can’t access...

There were tonnes of deals previously but now all of a sudden they’ve got tighter than a gnats chuff with them.

Naylor re-tweeted this offer today. Comes up for me as an "annual" rate of $2.99 per month, don't know what it is in GBP terms:-

[TWEET]1315925331308576768[/TWEET]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here