Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to pay £14.95 to watch us vs WBA?

Are you going to pay £14.95 PPV to watch us play WBA?

• Yes

Votes: 41 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 261 79.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Poll results are private.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's called capitalism. People are being treated like customers so are starting to behave like them.

Indeed. I quite like being treated as a customer. Service for payment. If I want free football I can watch the hoofing at Faversham Rec. And sometimes I do. But I am mostly captivated by my club, and their games. EPL gravy, unbelievable quality. What's not to like? :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When will it be reimbursed? Sometime next year?

I heard in bits, starting November. But I renewed my STs eyes wide open. I understand the frustration for those who think they need to be in the ground, all back to normal. I think this should be happening now, with us (ahem) old folk accomodated at home. Let the youngsters have their days out.

HMG are dithering and guessing though, with their eye on the main chance.

If BHA back the latest wheeze, so be it. Tony has a business to run as well as his club. Venn diagram...

All the best, as always :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Is the right answer.

If needs be.

And as my ST will be reimbursed, what the actual **** are people moaning about? Don't get it :shrug:

I would agree if all clubs were equally treated by Sky and BT, but the aren't.

It is now cheaper to support a top club.

That isn't right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would agree if all clubs were equally treated by Sky and BT, but the aren't.

It is now cheaper to support a top club.

That isn't right.

I didn't know that. For divs 2-5 I am assuming the same charges apply? Still cheaper than the price of entry....and fewer TV viewers so less advertising income....not sure how they could do it fairer, other than token quids off per down the divisions. If BHA were in tier 3 I'd still gladly pay £15 to watch games live. Am I missing something? Happy to be corrected :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nope
Finding watching a full 90 min game with empty stadiums hard enough as it is without stumping up £15 to do it.
Football on tv is pretty dead when you take "us" out the equation........just my personal opinion

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Will all teams have an even number of games being broadcast on ppv? I suspect not. I expect sky will broadcast more of the so called top teams on their normal subscription games. I shan't be paying ppv to watch the game. But I don't have sky or bt either.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I didn't know that. For divs 2-5 I am assuming the same charges apply? Still cheaper than the price of entry....and fewer TV viewers so less advertising income....not sure how they could do it fairer, other than token quids off per down the divisions. If BHA were in tier 3 I'd still gladly pay £15 to watch games live. Am I missing something? Happy to be corrected :thumbsup:

If all Premier league teams were guaranteed an equal number non ppv live matches it would be acceptable.

But the bigger teams are favoured and given more 4pm Sunday games whilst we fans of the bottom 14 teams are penalised and forced to pay a greater number ppv fees.

Forget what you are willing to pay and focus on what the other team's fans in our division will be made to pay to watch over the course of a season.

There is a distinct discrepancy in favour of the top six. That isn't acceptable in a 20 member cooperative.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This time last year, if we were offered a legal way to watch each Albion away game for £15 - invite some mates round if you want, and spread the cost - it would have been heralded as a giant step forward in fan accessibility to watching their team.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If all Premier league teams were guaranteed an equal number non ppv live matches it would be acceptable.

But the bigger teams are favoured and given more 4pm Sunday games whilst we fans of the bottom 14 teams are penalised and forced to pay a greater number ppv fees.

Forget what you are willing to pay and focus on what the other team's fans in our division will be made to pay to watch over the course of a season.

There is a distinct discrepancy in favour of the top six. That isn't acceptable in a 20 member cooperative.

This is quite key to me, and although I've largely been offline since this all broke, it was the point I raised on another thread. I can't be arsed to dig out my post again now, but I think the key numbers from 2018/19 were...

Liverpool on live 29 times
Albion on live 13 times
Huddersfield on live 8 times

A fan of each of these clubs with have a significantly different outlay to watch their clubs via PPV at £15 a pop. There should be a legitimate change to how fixtures are scheduled in the regular slots covered by Sky and BT subscriptions so that the outlay of a fan from each club isn't as disparate as we may expect it to be based on previous seasons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OK, fair point.

But (and I say this as a labour party member) do the telly companies not have the right to maximise their advertising income by showing top six as much as possible (plus The Leeds, of course)?

If the EPL dictate that all clubs should be broadcasted equally I would imagine Sky and BT would say 'OK, we will hand over less money'. And then....well...there we are.

I think there are more important battles to fight (and I say that as someone who will mud wrestle over whether to eat what one fancies versus what has the least time left to sell by or bin by date; it is the latter and I will swing for anyone who disagrees, so help me). ???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I would guess appearances have been based on whether you are top 6, whether you are deemed a good watch and then later in year the relegation battle.

Up to lock down Brighton had been on television 42 times whilst in the PL; twice on Amazon, 3 times on BBC (FA cup) , 13 times on BTSport including 3 cup FA Cup games and 24 times on SKY. If we discount the CUP and Amazon then a third of our games have been on SKy/BTsport Television and that was the expected norm for me this year unless we became that must watch team (tho think that will be Leeds in all honesty). So PPV opens up more opportunities.

I would rather pay to see us play WBA with potential of beating them that watching us get hammered by Man City again. In truth I will probably watch them all. Not going to home games saves me between £20-£35 on drink, food and travel (bus from pub) let alone the rebate or offset against next year.

Must admit though I hate watching us on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here