Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Covid 19 and Venice

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Mrs Shingle and I are in Venice for the next week, booked my flights last week when there were no restrictions. On Thursday Italy changed the rules for Uk arrivals. Anybody arriving from Uk without a Covid test done within the last 72 hours would have to be tested (free of charge) when they arrived.

Fast forward to today and one hour spent in queue with all the other Brits, French from the Paris flight etc then quick test after which told to sit and wait and results brought to you in 15, yes that's 15 minutes.

Mr and Mrs Shingle tested negative.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Mrs Shingle and I are in Venice for the next week, booked my flights last week when there were no restrictions. On Thursday Italy changed the rules for Uk arrivals. Anybody arriving from Uk without a Covid test done within the last 72 hours would have to be tested (free of charge) when they arrived.

Fast forward to today and one hour spent in queue with all the other Brits, French from the Paris flight etc then quick test after which told to sit and wait and results brought to you in 15, yes that's 15 minutes.

Mr and Mrs Shingle tested negative.

Yep, I have mentioned this before on here that the Italians are doing super quick testing at airports. Apparently the tests aren't 100% accurate, but it's got to be better than "would you mind terribly isolating at home for 14 days" as we try and get people to do (unsuccessfully)...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We holidayed in northern Italy in late August. Other than a couple of instances of arrogant young adult Italians flagrantly ignoring the various mandatory rules in the hotel, everything was fastidiously run. Very impressive. So badly hurt were they by the disaster in Lombardy and Veneto in Feb/Mar/Apr eg piled high coffins and doctors who’d died, the regions seemed hellbent on no repeat.

Somehow they’ve kept this up, touch wood, whilst Spain and France haven’t.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, I have mentioned this before on here that the Italians are doing super quick testing at airports. Apparently the tests aren't 100% accurate, but it's got to be better than "would you mind terribly isolating at home for 14 days" as we try and get people to do (unsuccessfully)...

meanwhile there's that group of lads stuck in Italy of over a month, because their tests keep coming back positive despite no symptoms.

the fast test are antigen test, substantially lower accuracy and give higher false positives (from non-covid coronavirus) than the PCR type tests.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here