Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Solicitor recommendations

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I used Mayo Wynne Baxter for some probate work and a house sale. Very, very good start to finish.

Now where's my free lounge tickets ? Oh...

No, seriously, would recommend them.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Take a stroll along church road in Hove , there are about half a dozen all good local sols for conveyancing plus several up The Drive.

Never use ones based in a call centre usually in the midlands etc they sound cheap but are terrible & could lose you your house purchase as they are so slow .

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Little further North, but I've always had a good experience with Castles, previously Hurstpierpoint, now based in Hassocks.

Always been friendly, professional and efficient.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
I'm using Bennett Oakley at the moment. They've been excellent so far, and a fellow Albion fan is handling the work. We're in Brighton, they're in Burgess Hill, but this isn't a problem in the slightest.

Highly recommended.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Never use ones based in a call centre usually in the midlands etc they sound cheap but are terrible & could lose you your house purchase as they are so slow .

Yep, these firms are terrible. Someone in my chain of 3 had the numpties that cubitt & west palm off on their customers. Should've been a simple sale but I reckon they delayed the process by about 3 months, every time they had to do anything or reply to a query it took them a couple of weeks to respond. Offer accepted at start of October, we moved in end of March :facepalm:

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Lauren Buckingham of Healys. Check out the 5 star google reviews of the firm and you will see she features in most of them. Very efficient and very communicative.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm using Bennett Oakley at the moment. They've been excellent so far, and a fellow Albion fan is handling the work. We're in Brighton, they're in Burgess Hill, but this isn't a problem in the slightest.

Highly recommended.

Used them for one house move and a couple of other things. Very good.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Have used both Bennett Griffin and Miller Parris in Worthing before and had great experiences with both.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Some will knock the national conveyancing firms but they do have some advantages :- You don't have to chase down a solicitor to get updates for instance, they have paralegal equivalents that do that sort of thing, they also have a broader set of knowledge than one may expect from Brighton solicitor - An example being when bought our current house, the local one had difficulties with a private water supply that crosses a road. Have used Countrywide several times without any difficulty.

Locally, I can heartily recommend Moira Macfarlane at Fitzhughgates who we have used on many occasions, a stress free experience....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here