Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goal music

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Watching Fleetwood v Hull (I know bif sad, any football will do at the mo) I hate goal music but Captain Pugwash has to be the most weird ever.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did I dream that we played goal music against Man Utd?

I’m sure they mentioned it in the commentary.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Watching Fleetwood v Hull (I know bif sad, any football will do at the mo) I hate goal music but Captain Pugwash has to be the most weird ever.

Wouldn’t like a drum, but that is still better than the totally numb goal music.

Palace Announcer: Scorer for Crystal Palace number 11 Wilfred Zaha.

Wiillllllfreeeed

numbnut palace fans: zahhhhaaaaaa

Pathetic Americanised nonsense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seaman Stains?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Two famous fishing towns, seems quite apt to me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Captain Pugwash is completely fab.

Should be back on the telly box.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Aaah the Pugwash myth, Richard Digance I believe.

John Ryan, the author, used to get well pissed off when people mentioned the Roger the Cabin Boy/Seaman Stains myth.

There's a Sussex connection here - he lived and died in Rye. I did have an autographed Captain Pugwash book once but it seems to have gone to Davy Jones locker.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hate music at football, and the criccket, so wrong!

I could cope with a few tracks pre match, but that's the limit.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
John Ryan, the author, used to get well pissed off when people mentioned the Roger the Cabin Boy/Seaman Stains myth.

There's a Sussex connection here - he lived and died in Rye. I did have an autographed Captain Pugwash book once but it seems to have gone to Davy Jones locker.

Probably because it hinders any republishing/reshowing if half the country thinks it is true.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldn’t like a drum, but that is still better than the totally numb goal music.

Palace Announcer: Scorer for Crystal Palace number 11 Wilfred Zaha.

Wiillllllfreeeed

numbnut palace fans: zahhhhaaaaaa

Pathetic Americanised nonsense.

Pretty common elsewhere as well tbh

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What for you think about the announcer/fan scorer thing and goal music.... Common or not.

It's good, indifferent or shit?

Announcer/fan thing I think is pretty nice if it is done in the right circumstances (like when a goal is more of a celebration than a tension reliever), say a 3-0 goal scored by a club icon.

Goal music... dont like it.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
goal music is awful.
When a goals scored all that should be heard is the roar of the crowd followed by a song for the goalscorer or a song for the club or a song aimed at the opposition fans ,ideally all of the above but definitely no flipping music.
I must admit I don't like it at halftime when I'm having trying to have a natter with the people around me and I also can't stand the ring of fire before kick off,complete kills any atmosphere that does.
Fan zone is good for the kids and Sussex by the sea is good but then the tanoy system should be off in my opinion.
But I really can't stand goal music

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Announcer/fan thing I think is pretty nice if it is done in the right circumstances (like when a goal is more of a celebration than a tension reliever), say a 3-0 goal scored by a club icon.

Goal music... dont like it.

It’s absolute f*cking shite whatever the circumstances.

Why would anybody want to be told how to celebrate a goal? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here