Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Obscure albums from the Seventies....Eighties, etc

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Icy gull floated the idea of great 70's albums, and it's a great thread.
n a similar vein, I have a couple of albums by guys that have settled locally ( by sheer coincidence) which I was so surprised that no-one else thought worth buying.
So the two from me to start it off are:
Fischer Z ...Word Salad (lives in 'Ove now, I just found out)
Time Booth ....Bone - as I understand it he moved to Mile Oak, although that could be a piss-take.
There are others, but what should I listen to, fellow old gits.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The Shirts - The Shirts
Boot Hill foot tappers ’ain’t that far from boot hill’
Violent femmes (can’t remember the album title)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Michael Schenker is a resident of B&H, his first solo album, Armed and Ready is immense.

Nigel Glockler, drummer for Saxon is also a B&H resident, those early albums were superb, Strong Arm of the Law for example, and then in ‘82 came the legendary Denim and Leather.

And of course, maybe not so obscure but the Captain lives round here too, Machine Gun Etiquette should be in everyone’s Collection.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Michael Schenker is a resident of B&H, his first solo album, Armed and Ready is immense.

Nigel Glockler, drummer for Saxon is also a B&H resident, those early albums were superb, Strong Arm of the Law for example, and then in ‘82 came the legendary Denim and Leather.

And of course, maybe not so obscure but the Captain lives round here too, Machine Gun Etiquette should be in everyone’s Collection.

Talking of Mr Schenker doesn't Phil Mogg also live in Brighton? Can't beat that early Saxon stuff. The Eagle Has Landed live album is superb

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Talking of Mr Schenker doesn't Phil Mogg also live in Brighton? Can't beat that early Saxon stuff. The Eagle Has Landed live album is superb

I believe you are right, and UFOs ‘Strangers in the Night’ is a belter of a live album too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Band Called O - Oasis

A Jersey band who were the excellent back up to the absolute shite main act Man at the Dome

Thanks for the mention [MENTION=37938]Hu_Camus[/MENTION] but it was [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION] who started the thread

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wouldn't have called Saxon or UFO obscure bands!

My choice is one I mentioned in the best albums of the 70s thread: David Ackles' American Gothic. It's album I've loved for more than 40 years, I still play it often and I'm staggered it's so little known. The guy was a great songwriter who sadly gave up music after some poor sales - he died quite young but American Gothic is just superb (his other albums are good too)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is my kind of thread.

For me, probably Edward Ka-Spel/Legendary Pink dots. Got over 30 albums and nobody has heard of them.

But there are countless bands...

Burning skies of Elysium
Tuxedomoom
Modern Eon
Minimal Compact
Hector Zazoo
Holger Czukai
Danse Society
Dave Howard Singers
Moev
Skinny Puppy
Sopwith Camel
Sassafrass
Michael Chapman

Best post this now before I accidentally delete it like the last post on the other thread. FFS. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Oh and my best wishes to all posters on this thread - some of the good guys.

Last edited:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
This is my kind of thread.

For me, probably Edward Ka-Spel/Legendary Pink dots. Got over 30 albums and nobody has heard of them.

But there are countless bands...

Burning skies of Elysium
Tuxedomoom
Modern Eon
Minimal Compact
Hector Zazoo
Holger Czukai
Danse Society
Dave Howard Singers
Moev
Skinny Puppy
Sopwith Camel
Sassafrass
Michael Chapman

Best post this now before I accidentally delete it like the last post on the other thread. FFS. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Oh and my best wishes to all posters on this thread - some of the good guys.

FFS, Henry.....that's some sort of list.
I've got to have a look.
Cheers Bat-chum:rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alright I have not posted any links yet, but I am now going to start. This is . . . . .well.....have a listen. Twenty years ahead of their time. Released in 77. Just the first track....amd wait till you hear Tidal Wave. Mrs T has seen them live at ATP :jealous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI-7aLGykzw

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Michael Schenker lives in Saltdean, I worked in the house next door last year, I hadn’t actually heard of him until then.
The house he lives in I have also worked in, was owned previously by an Albion fan, not sure if he’s on here though.

Captain did live in Bath Street by the Seven Dials when I lived in the next road, this was late 80s, I was told he has moved away from Brighton.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Stop Henry..

we were just being nice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here