Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

drofnud

Jun 30, 2014
That is what Sky & BT are proposing to watch, on pay per view, any PL game not being televised. Would you pay it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shared between 3 people, probably, begrudgingly, yes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems a bit steep, but I assume this needs to fill the income gap for Sky, otherwise the clubs have to hand a load of money back again?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How much to watch this for ex pat fans on their respective platforms? I assume nil in with their subscription price. UK fans shafted again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems a bit steep, but I assume this needs to fill the income gap for Sky, otherwise the clubs have to hand a load of money back again?

Why would there be an income gap to be filled for Sky? They have a contract to televise X number of games, which they still can in their regular slots and would be covered by existing Sky/BT subscriptions.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why would there be an income gap to be filled for Sky? They have a contract to televise X number of games, which they still can in their regular slots and would be covered by existing Sky/BT subscriptions.

True. I was confusing their rebate demand from the lockdown with the post lockdown and current situation where we do have football, but without any fans.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Palace game is already on Sky, so would be for the WBA and Spurs game. Would imagine the Spurs game would be a tv pick anyway, so free to those with subscriptions to Sky/BT.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
True. I was confusing their rebate demand from the lockdown with the post lockdown and current situation where we do have football, but without any fans.

I must admit I don't entirely understand why, when they were able to show MORE games, they were owed money!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shared between 3 people, probably, begrudgingly, yes.

NowTV allows 2 devices simultaneously, £7.50 each its ok

Never subscribed to Sky under contract, so few Albion games on it.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I still don't understand why they are getting a rebate? I am sure that their viewing figures will have been higher as a result of people being desperate to get football back and not being able to go to games or the pub to watch it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes if all the money (or near as damn it) is going to the clubs.

No if lining fat TV execs pocket

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here