Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] another plumbing question - noisy toilet

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Recently my toilet makes a terrible noise after flushing. This seems to happen first thing in the morning then it's OK.

I wasn't too bothered as I assumed it was just pressure build up overnight, but now after the cistern has filled up the pipes make a noise like guitar feedback!

any help greatly appreciated - thanks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Recently my toilet makes a terrible noise after flushing. This seems to happen first thing in the morning then it's OK.

I wasn't too bothered as I assumed it was just pressure build up overnight, but now after the cistern has filled up the pipes make a noise like guitar feedback!

any help greatly appreciated - thanks

Used to get that hideous feedback noise for no apparent reason at all when turning on me taps. Lowered the water pressure on the main stopcock slightly and it went away as if by magic. No idea why. Five minute job :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Water hammer - replace the washer in the ball valve or change the ball valve it’s self.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
either a, don't shit, or b, take a dump in your neighbours bog?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I had a similar problem with my cistern in the summer. Called a plumber and he fixed it in no time. Don't remember what it was but, he said if I left it, it would have started to leak sooner or later.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I had a similar problem with my cistern in the summer. Called a plumber and he fixed it in no time. Don't remember what it was but, he said if I left it, it would have started to leak sooner or later.

Hey Super Steve, thanks for that, just looked in the cistern and it was over filling so have cut the supply off.
Just need to psych myself up for a trip to B&Q now :lolol::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here