Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v Wales tonight

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In normal times Wembley would be absolutely packed to the rafters for the big game this evening. Despite the fact there will be no audience there it is still a fact there is no love lost between our two proud nations and both will be desperate to put one over the other and put a much needed smile on their populations face.

Personally hope we smash the dragon eating *******'s.

:ascarf:

:O

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
PHP:
I feel totally meh about it. Pissed off with:

- Southgate’s squads selections
- Southgate’s team sections/tactics
- the lack of class/responsibility shown by the squad of late
- lack of atmosphere in the grounds
- too much football on the telly
Normally well up for England games but not at the mo.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
No interest in this whatsoever. Is the game even necessary? What competition is it for?

Friendly, completely and utterly pointless. Considering how many people have tested positive across the various squads why bother? No one cares in the slightest.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
PHP:
I feel totally meh about it. Pissed off with:

- Southgate’s squads selections
- Southgate’s team sections/tactics
- the lack of class/responsibility shown by the squad of late
- lack of atmosphere in the grounds
- too much football on the telly
Normally well up for England games but not at the mo.

Agree with you. Especially in respect of the lack of class and responsibility shown by the players. I thought the idea of the Nations League was that these pointless games would be consigned to history, not that there would be more games.

The OP is also right. This should be a great fixture. Any home nations game should be a fierce encounter, full of pride and passion with big gloating rights to play for. Don't think this will be though and I just don't think I can be bothered at the moment

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where is the Wales Most Famous Supporter thread, can't be a proper match?

If it isn't the love of my life Charlie Church I will be devastated.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This brings back memories of the old Home Internationals tournement which was popular in the 70s.

I remember getting quite excited when Sully was in the Welsh squad for one of them. It was a really big deal to have an international in the team in those days, even one who played for Wales.

He made three appearances for Wales during his career. Does anyone remember if he ever played against England?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
there will be no audience

Not entirely true.

There will be a few die-hards that tune in, I'm sure. (I'm told some people even like to watch Mrs Brown's Boys :ohmy: )

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It is important . . .it'll keep Mrs Browns boys off the TV for a few hours.

I hate to break it to you but ITV are showing this one so it leaves the BBC free to pump non stop MBB into every home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No interest in this whatsoever. Is the game even necessary? What competition is it for?

I think you'll find that this is a [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] thread :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Won't be watching. Not anti England at all but these are totally unnecessary games.

Watching Harry Kane score a penalty winner in a glorified international friendly is dull enough as it is with the annoying England home crowd but playing it in an empty stadium at this moment in time will be even worse.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This brings back memories of the old Home Internationals tournement which was popular in the 70s.

I remember getting quite excited when Sully was in the Welsh squad for one of them. It was a really big deal to have an international in the team in those days, even one who played for Wales.

He made three appearances for Wales during his career. Does anyone remember if he ever played against England?

No. He played against Scotland twice in the Home Championship during the 70's and once against Malta in a Euro '80 qualifier.

https://www.11v11.com/players/peter-osullivan-26814/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here