Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poland both our boys starting.

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Bayern considered Moder indeed, but what you seemingly don't know (I didn't encounter this info in any thread here) Lech Poznań chose Brighton mainly thanks to that you agreed to loan him back at least for the autumn because at the same time there was an offer from RB Leipzig but the Germans wanted him right away (info also Mateusz Borek). Deal's details are 10MLN EUR (6+4 next year) + 0,5MLN EUR (when he appears 6 times on a pitch) + BONUSES (we don't know the specifics) + 10% from the further sale. If Brighton wants him in the winter it's additional 1,25MLN EUR because the loan is for the whole 2020/21. Cheers

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Karbo’s cross assist was total quality. The impressive bit being it was a left footed effort from a right footed player.

It means that he is confident getting to the line and crossing with his left rather than wanting to come back inside on his natural right.

Looks to be very two footed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I'm getting here is that our recruitment team may have failed to singe duffers again. Who knew, eh? :lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Signing two of the best young players in a strong And improving footballing country for £10m......not bad.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Karbo’s cross assist was total quality. The impressive bit being it was a left footed effort from a right footed player.

It means that he is confident getting to the line and crossing with his left rather than wanting to come back inside on his natural right.

Looks to be very two footed.

Can't find it now but I read that he's "ambidextrous" apparently.

Also, the good thing about signing lads from Poland is they definitely can "do it on a cold rainy day in Stoke". :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wisła Kraków;9544216 said:
Bayern considered Moder indeed, but what you seemingly don't know (I didn't encounter this info in any thread here) Lech Poznań chose Brighton mainly thanks to that you agreed to loan him back at least for the autumn because at the same time there was an offer from RB Leipzig but the Germans wanted him right away (info also Mateusz Borek). Deal's details are 10MLN EUR (6+4 next year) + 0,5MLN EUR (when he appears 6 times on a pitch) + BONUSES (we don't know the specifics) + 10% from the further sale. If Brighton wants him in the winter it's additional 1,25MLN EUR because the loan is for the whole 2020/21. Cheers

Welcome to NSC and thanks for your posts - useful information.

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Signing two of the best young players in a strong And improving footballing country for £10m......not bad.

Thank you for a nice word about our football, yet to be precise the deal for both closes in 16M EUR + possible bonuses (Moder 10,5+ Karbo 5,5) so it's more like £14m. Some English media informed about 6 for Moder and 4 for Karbo but this is only first rate of the payment hence the discrepancy in numbers in different media. (Still it's the highest bid from Ekstraklasa in history thus we're quite excited about it too)

AZ Gull said:
Welcome to NSC and thanks for your posts - useful information.

You're welcome. Besides, I studied in a language school in Brighton in 2007 for 3 weeks, so I'm quite sentimental for this neighbourhood. Back then there was an old stadium and you played in League One as far as I remember. Wish you always good luck in BPL.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wisła Kraków;9544839 said:
Thank you for a nice word about our football, yet to be precise the deal for both closes in 16M EUR + possible bonuses (Moder 10,5+ Karbo 5,5) so it's more like £14m. Some English media informed about 6 for Moder and 4 for Karbo but this is only first rate of the payment hence the discrepancy in numbers in different media. (Still it's the highest bid from Ekstraklasa in history thus we're quite excited about it too)

Hopefully that’s still good value, given they are already internationals. Maybe they will get more opportunities as unfortunately some of your best players are getting on a bit.

Btw I love Poland. In the early noughties a group of us interailed around the country often - Poznan, Kraków, Warsaw, Gdańsk, Katowice, Lodz. Toruń was my favourite.
One of the group married a Poznan girl and I’m godfather to their son. Another liked it so much he still lives there.
On one trip , there were 11 of us and we all bought Polish football shirts. We all walked into the pub one by one on a match night and got a round of applause. One of our guys was black and at the time you had one black player - when he came in it brought the house down. The locals bought him drinks all night.
Polish people have a dry sense of humour , I think you’ll find it’s the same for many on this site. Warm welcome.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Hopefully that’s still good value, given they are already internationals. Maybe they will get more opportunities as unfortunately some of your best players are getting on a bit.

Btw I love Poland. In the early noughties a group of us interailed around the country often - Poznan, Kraków, Warsaw, Gdańsk, Katowice, Lodz. Toruń was my favourite.
One of the group married a Poznan girl and I’m godfather to their son. Another liked it so much he still lives there.
On one trip , there were 11 of us and we all bought Polish football shirts. We all walked into the pub one by one on a match night and got a round of applause. One of our guys was black and at the time you had one black player - when he came in it brought the house down. The locals bought him drinks all night.
Polish people have a dry sense of humour , I think you’ll find it’s the same for many on this site. Warm welcome.

Thank you for such warm words about Poland and your trips. That black guy was probably Emanuel Olisadebe, first (and last) black guy in the national team. You know, it is kind of funny for us because in the corporate media there is often created some racist or antisemitic picture of Poland, even I can recall a situation where Sol Campbell (before Euro2012) warned fans not to come to Poland because "they''ll come back in coffins" (or sth like this - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-18192375 ) whereas in the history, Poland was widely known for its hospitality (there is Polish idiom "A guest in the house, God in the house" (my trans. so actually it may be different). Later on, especially the Irish, were so delighted that they stayed just to find a Polish wife and pub crawl here with Poles long after the Euro12. I'm from Kraków which is a very popular location for the English for weekends. I often encounter some guys at Wisła games too, that are curious for the atmosphere and want to drink and have fun.

Cheers Brighton :) :albion2:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Moder on.

Karbownik on bench.

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anywhere at all to watch it?!