Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Best 0-0 draw I ever saw was....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
At White Hart Lane in 1978.

At the time it was the biggest crowd I'd been in, and a terrific atmosphere.

Fabulous display by The Albion which was not just a rearguard action against a Spurs team who still thought they were in the First Division.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Leyton Orient v Bristol Rovers round about 1969

Both teams had two good wingers and attacked incessantly for 90 mins.

How it ended 0-0 was a mystery.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sheffield United at home, early 85/86. Great match. Burridge outstanding.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
not exactly riveting fayre, but our backs to the wall 0-0 away with Wolves 2 seasons ago, whilst painful and one sided, was some epic defensive display and got us that desperately needed point.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

Fabulous display by The Albion which was not just a rearguard action against a Spurs team who still thought they were in the First Division.

I was there too, a brilliant match. 49,800 rammed inside the old White Hart Lane. John Duncan hit the post for Spurs right in front of us with only a couple of minutes to go. Incredible atmosphere, battling performance, great result. Best ever 0-0 draw.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nottingham Forest, in a league cup match, end to end for 90 minutes, cracking atmosphere under the floodlights at the Goldstone. In trying to find the date of the match, I discovered that Stuart Pearce's brother was one of the linesmen, whilst Stuart Pearce was captaining Forest on the pitch. 24th September 1986 by the way.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Portsmouth at home with John Keeley in goal

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nottingham Forest, in a league cup match, end to end for 90 minutes, cracking atmosphere under the floodlights at the Goldstone. In trying to find the date of the match, I discovered that Stuart Pearce's brother was one of the linesmen, whilst Stuart Pearce was captaining Forest on the pitch. 24th September 1986 by the way.
Forest were top of Div 1 back then and on an unbeaten streak. I remember the Argus back page Albion stop Forest fire, a John V special.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A proper backs against the wall 0-0 away at Leicester in Jan 2009. Just before Micky Adams left but it was a moment I thought we might not get relegated. As it happens we needed spade to save us but shortly into the following season the Gus Bus rolled into town and we were off. At the times leics were top and we were either in or close to league 1 relegation zone. Big point.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Coventry away at Highfield Road under Steve Coppell

a proper end to end game and I've got no idea how it ended 0-0. Zamora hit the bar and it was one of Sidwell's last appearances (possibly the last?) before Reading signed him.

Alexis Mac Allisters dad, Gary, was playing for Coventry

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Back in the 1970s when team's would go an play in Europe. When team's used to always used to defend in the Away Leg and then try and win at home.

Back then those away 0-0 games were oftain hailed as a major achievement so those matches would all be good matches.

Alex Ferguson was probably the great inovator back then in that he was the first true believer that if you could score or win away from home you would most likely go through to the next round.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
not exactly riveting fayre, but our backs to the wall 0-0 away with Wolves 2 seasons ago, whilst painful and one sided, was some epic defensive display and got us that desperately needed point.

Truly the master of understatement

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

It was a terrific atmosphere, albeit a very scary one! I was grateful to get out alive!!

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Best 0-0 draw I ever saw was....

Clearly forgetable as I can't remember any.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd throw in our 0-0 with Newcastle away last season - the first time that I fully understood Potterball and we absolutely dominated and should have won, if not for a late goal-line clearance to deny Connolly.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Agreed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheffield United at home, early 85/86. Great match. Burridge outstanding.
Yeah that was a great game.

Also Notts County at home in 1990, the season they beat us at Wembley. We hit the post, I thought it had gone in and I was celebrating in the north in my own little world. I looked around and everyone was staring at me like I was deranged.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

I was there too. Totally agree with this choice. Used to go to WHL a lot anyway in the 60s and 70s, but seeing Albion perform so well there for the first time was really special.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here