Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Government Petition to allow supports back at all levels

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Has anyone else received an email inviting them to complete a survey? I got one overnight....perhaps the government ARE taking this seriously (albeit the premise of the survey is a little basic - they are asking why I think football clubs are important!)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Man Ure counting the cost.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54716149

ot.JPG

Would that be fair, if we could only have say, 9k?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I continue to think that a very small number of fans should always be permitted at games. If things are bad - why not just have 50 really committed people, home fans only?

It is crazy to me to have so many people in the stadium (players, staff, journalists, officials) while not letting anyone in the huge stands, sufficiently social distanced. Even a very small number of people would really make a difference.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Response:

Government responded:

We will take the earliest opportunity to look again at getting spectators safely back into stadia but this must clearly be done carefully against the prevailing health conditions.

Football clubs form the bedrock of our communities and play a vital role in the local economy. Their importance has been clearly demonstrated throughout the pandemic with clubs at all levels providing incredible support to their area.

That is why the Government is committed to supporting sports clubs up and down the country, with many football clubs benefitting from the Government’s unprecedented financial support to businesses.

The Government is fully aware of the importance of getting spectators back into stadia for many sports, and the financial consequences of the decision not to allow this from 1 October. The evidence received from the Chief Medical Officer was very clear that at a time of rapidly rising infections, and when the Government was considering restrictions elsewhere, it was not the right time to undertake any further easements.

We will continue to work closely with a whole range of sports to understand the latest thinking that might allow spectators to return. This includes the creation of a new Sports Technology Innovation Working Group of sporting bodies and health experts to analyse new technologies which might support this. This will supplement the draft government guidance, and the SGSA supplementary guidance to their Green Guide, which has been internationally welcomed.

We are committed to getting spectators back into stadia as soon as it is safe to do so.

Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport​

Makes no mention of the contradictory position of allowing people into the RAH etc.

Talking to that shower and expecting meaningful engagement is on a par with talking to the cat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I continue to think that a very small number of fans should always be permitted at games. If things are bad - why not just have 50 really committed people, home fans only?

It is crazy to me to have so many people in the stadium (players, staff, journalists, officials) while not letting anyone in the huge stands, sufficiently social distanced. Even a very small number of people would really make a difference.

As I have said many a time, open up the world to the young (under 50s, maybe a bit older) and keep the rest safe. Much cheaper than the present farce.

Also, time I updated the figure from post #2. And this is now deaths, not cases. This is not going away anytime soon.

Deaths.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the equivalent death data in a country that doesn't **** about like us

NZ deaths.PNG

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've worked through virtually all of furlough Bar a few weeks in June . . .now business is dead . . . . Now all the selfish Idiotic desperado ***** have made matters worse for everyone I don't see that situation getting any better any time soon . . . .I may well be unemployed for christmas

I couldn't give a **** about opening football stadiums, certainly not all seated stadia where you are all forced together. Outside on a terrace or pitchside @ non league, yes if you must, and they do need support, but aside that there are far more pressing issues to be dealt with.

Not that we've anyone anywhere near the controls to do anything about it.

Bad day, rant over.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've worked through virtually all of furlough Bar a few weeks in June . . .now business is dead . . . . Now all the selfish Idiotic desperado ***** have made matters worse for everyone I don't see that situation getting any better any time soon . . . .I may well be unemployed for christmas

I couldn't give a **** about opening football stadiums, certainly not all seated stadia where you are all forced together. Outside on a terrace or pitchside @ non league, yes if you must, and they do need support, but aside that there are far more pressing issues to be dealt with.

Not that we've anyone anywhere near the controls to do anything about it.

Bad day, rant over.

Weather was a bit crap too :)

Hope the job fears don’t materialise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here