Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Government Petition to allow supports back at all levels

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good luck with that.

I'd support it if it came with a package to protect the vulnerable. In case you hadn't noticed cases are going through the roof and it is too early to rule out that hospitalizations and deaths won't follow.

But....with a proper plan to protect the vulnerable, I'd say, yes, open everything up.

Sadly this government is clueless :shrug:

h.PNG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
could that plan protect the vulnerable at the football?

Nope. No way I'm going to footy till I have been vaccinated. Happy for the club to lend my seat to someone young and willing to attend, too. Important to keep a clear mind over this. I would love to be able to watch The Albion on the telly with a full house (of younger folk) making a massive noise, all the while this nightmare remains hovering over us. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Almost at the 100k required to force parliament to take a look.

Boris likes the court of public opinion when it suits him. I can see him backing this....but without proper safeguarding. Who knew, eh? ???

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The idea would be to start slowly, like we already have at the Amex for the Chelsea friendly, at all of the grounds. There is football with spectators going on already as it is - the FA Cup games last weekend were attended in part.

Getting things going should be a gradual process with clear warnings about any potential difficulties, but I don't agree with the complete block on any game attendance over a certain level. Why not start with 5% capacity for home fans only and build up from there?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not in a ‘vulnerable’ group, but I’m content to wait. PL on the TV is fine by me, what harm’s a circa 15 month break in a lifetime of going to games, that saves lives? Concourses, trains, buses .... are all vulnerable points, we know that a sizeable minority of Brits consider it a badge of honour not to wear a mask properly (James O’Brien’s LBC show was illuminating this morning).

For club finances, the PL can be disregarded, 15 or so clubs have just spent big sums in fees and wages. Each discovering magic money trees. For the EFL there was talk last week of a big support package from within the game and a third party, it needs to the be directed to the genuine have nots. I can’t think of one moral reason why Derby or Massive should get a penny, because in recent seasons they’ve been FFP cheats, pumping in £10m’s to buy or loan players and meet their wages, way above club income.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I hope as many people as possible can sign the petition to get some fans safely back: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

We've already shown it can be done.

Signed. I hope we can get back asap. I would happily go back straight away. Football without fans just doesn't work for me. I was at the Chelsea test game and see no reason why we can't roll that out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Signed. I hope we can get back asap. I would happily go back straight away. Football without fans just doesn't work for me. I was at the Chelsea test game and see no reason why we can't roll that out

I agree, although I'd look to find a way to reduce usage of concourses to minimise the amount of time people are spending in poorly-ventilated enclosed areas.

Maybe this could be access only to buy products which you take to your seat immediately, however this could preclude alcohol sales - although you'd hope some common sense could be found with respect to that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry but it ain't going to happen this season.....maybe a few 10% capacity crowds towards end of season but can't see anywhere near a full stadium unless of course a vaccine has been rolled out before then.

Whilst I'd have instinctively said the same, keeping small crowds out of the large open-air spaces that are football grounds, doesn't really stand up against allowing people into places like the Royal Albert Hall.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I'd have instinctively said the same, keeping small crowds out of the large open-air spaces that are football grounds, doesn't really stand up against allowing people into places like the Royal Albert Hall.

We'd be allowed in if we all wore tweed, carried a shotgun and ...

... promised to be elitist.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Royal Albert Hall to see The Nutcracker = posh people
Football ground = plebs

In a game of paper, rock, scissors posh beats plebs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here