Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fourth Choice Striker?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When and who was the last time we had one, at any level who you genuinely thought. "If we get in trouble with injuries don't worry xxx can come in and do a job?"

We played a couple of seasons in the Championship when some of our rivals had fourth choice striker I rated more highly than our first choice. We operated in League One with Murray, Woods and Barnes to less than universal approval. I don't recall any viable fourth choices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In February 2018 we had Murray, Hemed, Baldock, Locadia and Ulloa.

(Murray was rested for this one)

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 16.54.16.png

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
When and who was the last time we had one, at any level who you genuinely thought. "If we get in trouble with injuries don't worry xxx can come in and do a job?"

We played a couple of seasons in the Championship when some of our rivals had fourth choice striker I rated more highly than our first choice. We operated in League One with Murray, Woods and Barnes to less than universal approval. I don't recall any viable fourth choices.

We had Ulloa, Barnes, CMS and Hoskins one year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In tail end of the 17/18 season i went to Man Citry (A) and saw Ulloa start his first league game for us in 4 years . He scored after 20 minutes.
Murray and Locadia were on the bench. Hemed and Baldock were not in the squad.
Hemed joked in a tweet or Insta didn't he in January 2018 i think about how he felt when Albion had bought two strikers (ahead of him) in the transfer window.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I remember thinking what a wealth of striker options we had when we stuffed Watford 3-0 and that was last bloody season. I dunno what the hell happened ... Bad luck and injuries I guess

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I remember thinking what a wealth of striker options we had when we stuffed Watford 3-0 and that was last bloody season. I dunno what the hell happened ... Bad luck and injuries I guess

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Didn’t we start that game with Murray and Locadia and then bring on Andone and Maupay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here