Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your worst Albion home game......

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For a number of reasons the Sudbury FA Cup replay 1996, lost on pens, sticks in the mind, but I'd imagine older fans on here will recount the Walton and Hersham 4-0 replay defeat as their lowest point.

I only lasted 90 mins for Sudbury, at full time, after the worst 90 mins I'd ever witnessed at the Goldstone, I realised I was not only wasting my time, but with Mrs H working a twilight shift, I was wasting my teenage babysitters time.

Listened to an emotional Tony Millard on the wireless on the journey home.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Despite being utter gash for most of the 90's The GOldstone was a happy place in many respects and years later I mostly have fond memories ( thankfully)

Bhaaadiff at home 0-2 2018. first and only time I've left a home game early. I don't think I've seen worse (missed B'muff )

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A number at Withdean, crap football, shit amenities, poor weather led to leaving at half time for the sanctity of a pub. Pompey in the cup, being turned away from our home end as their shirt wearing fans were shepherded through into our terraces. Chelsea in 83, took a few slaps at Hove station, took a few more in the North Stand. Happy days though :lol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For a number of reasons the Sudbury FA Cup replay 1996, lost on pens, sticks in the mind, but I'd imagine older fans on here will recount the Walton and Hersham 4-0 replay defeat as their lowest point.

I only lasted 90 mins for Sudbury, at full time, after the worst 90 mins I'd ever witnessed at the Goldstone, I realised I was not only wasting my time, but with Mrs H working a twilight shift, I was wasting my teenage babysitters time.

Listened to an emotional Tony Millard on the wireless on the journey home.

This one could run to 100 pages!

Although those two take some beating...

We have come so far, maybe we should enjoy things just a wee bit more... perspective is a very good thing. Yes we should aim for the highest we can, but we’re a fantastic team, club and example to the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Walton & Hersham ....losing to the Leatherhead lip....8/2 to Bristol Rovers ..probably my top three ..purely from memory
Recent years Palace in the play offs and that trouncing by Bournemouth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oxford United in the Cup, a fecking part timer who was a postman ran us ragged and we were a Division One team. To say I was shocked is an understatement

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Palace in the play-offs at The Amex
That terrible cup game at Withdean when we lost to nine men
Cardiff game - I thought we were going down

I have a terible memory for bad games and remember so much about the (many) that I have really enjoyed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been lucky. I, amazingly, managed to miss out on Walton & Hersham, Bristol Rovers, Sudbury, Cardiff and that game when we lost to nine men (Walsall?)

A few spring to mind: a game where we lost against Bristol Rovers around Christmas time - the pitch was like a swimming pool and we should never have played. The match against Darlo in 96/97 where we lost 3-2 (one of our goals was off Baird's arse) and the match agains Millwall under Hyypia where we lost 1-0 in a truly dreadful game of football.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Palace play-off game for me, I could barely even look at the Amex for weeks after that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I remember the cheesily titled "heart of football" game against Donny at the Pissfield being particularly dire. Well the Pissfield was dire anyway.

BHA+v+Donny+046.JPG

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Losing to the nine men of Walsall (three days before knocking Man City out of the League Cup on penalties) wasn't exactly our finest moment.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Oxford United in the Cup, a fecking part timer who was a postman ran us ragged and we were a Division One team. To say I was shocked is an understatement

This one for me too. We were having our best league season ever, we were at full strength and Oxford were nobodies from, what, the third division? Sudbury was bad but we were a club in disarray on our way to disaster. This happened at our peak.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So many bad moments during the Archer years but in a way they were memorable because of the struggle off the pitch.

My worst Albion home game was in October 2009 against Oldham. It finished 0-2 and we were dreadful.

I looked at my 9-year-old son who was desperate to support a team that might win something. I told him to hang on in there. Don't desert me for Liverpool or Chelsea. But I felt cruel. He looked sad.

He hung on, and a few years later was rewarded.

But that day, we were dreadful. And I think it rained on us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another vote for the Oxford cup defeat.

Felt awful after the game and for most of the week after.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Too many to mention but yes Sudbury was a real low. Macclesfield at ‘home’ Aug 97 too. It was almost impossible to feel like there was any hope standing on the terrace that sunny afternoon. Surreal feeling. Younger fans simply cannot imagine what it was like during those years. Can read BaB as much as like but just have no idea of the physical and emotional toll it took going through ‘the war years’, inc. to Gillingham and back each fortnight or more. Dark cold autumn mid week fixtures especially, fighting the m25, to watch utter utter garbage out of blind loyalty with no idea if club would survive or not. My god, it was horrendous. I’m going goose pimpley just writing this!!

Never again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here