Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your worst moment watching Albion on the TV...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Strangely relevant right now, but you know those moments often surrounded by neutrals laughing at how shit we can be...

Mine... As i’m an exile, there are many, many examples BUT one ******* sticks out:

On my brothers stag do in Glasgow, away at West Ham under Poyet... i’d been busy bigging us up, especially to the West Ham fan on the do...

3-0 in about 10 mins. FFS.

Even the Glaswegians felt sorry for me :(

Boy, was my face red.

There was another one, can’t remember the outcome, but we conceded a Kuipers inspired classic ball at feet cock up in about 5 mins... possibly away at Luton. That was shit. All my mates were laughing... obvs.

Now who’s laughing? Everton fans possibly ... lol

Ooooh that Peter Shilton Orient match too, that was agony.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Worse than that, I was at that game, in the West Ham end at the invitation of a West Ham fan. Threy were so rude about us and I wanted to shout that we were just having a really bad day at the office.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Worse than that, I was at that game, in the West Ham end at the invitation of a West Ham fan. Threy were so rude about us and I wanted to shout that we were just having a really bad day at the office.

I know, far worse being there but there’s something slightly comical about being the only fan in your Brighton shirt looking like a total tit after 10 mins... at least the beers were flowing.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Another one... Hereford away in the FA cup, not long after we’d, you know, dumped them out of the league... I seem to remember we lost, the media loved it, billed as the ultimate revenge match and we duly delivered in our role as the hapless professional outfit, looking like a bunch of Park players who’d just met.

I can’t remember the outcome... pretty sure we did lose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another one... Hereford away in the FA cup, not long after we’d, you know, dumped them out of the league... I seem to remember we lost, the media loved it, billed as the ultimate revenge match and we duly delivered in our role as the hapless professional outfit, looking like a bunch of Park players who’d just met.

I can’t remember the outcome... pretty sure we did lose.

Of course we lost but we got a result, even if it was just a draw in what was the most important result in Albion’s history, so I wasn’t too gutted :smile:

I was there for the important one too, talk about running through every emotion possible over 90 mins

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Of course we lost but we got a result, even if it was just a draw at the end of the previous season, in what was the most important result in Albion’s history, so I wasn’t too gutted :smile:

I was there for the important one too, talk about running through every emotion possible over 90 mins

Exactly... right on bro.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A couple away at Brentford stick out 4s and 5s totally pumped on our one outing on the box whichever season it was

We did seem to really struggle at Brentford... not sure why, that continued even under Hughton if memory serves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remembering buying a couple of mates (Liverpool and Arsenal fans I was trying to convert) tickets to a Palace away game beamback for their birthday (they're twins).

The one where Dunk was sent off after 8 mins, we lost 3-0 with Murray scoring twice. Sat at the back of a dark conference room (Was it at the Amex? Anyone remember this?) watching a fairly small big screen.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I run a pub in High Wycombe and obviously I'm the only Albion fan here. Suprisingly my customers all support Liverpool, Manure or Chelsea despite the fact that they probably have never been to a game at their grounds or (especialy manure) have even been to that miserable city. Happily it's all pretty lighthearted, but last Saturday was the pits - I disappeared out of the bar after the 4th goal went in but still copped it later on in the evening. Might have something to do with wearing my Albion shirt earler in the day...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All of them, I'd far rather be in the ground, for some reason I get too nervous watching us on live on TV.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The 6-1 Liverpool own-goal fest in the FA Cup. I was staying in London with my girlfriend and went to some pub near Westminster. I was the only Brighton fan in there and ended up sitting at the only free table right in the middle of the pub, surrounded by a smattering of Liverpool fans and neutrals. It wasn't an enjoyable experience listening to everyone laughing at our self-destruction. Of course, a couple of the Liverpool fans were complete bellends, shouting and screaming like they were beating Real Madrid rather than a team in the league below.

I don't think I stayed until the end.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The air being sucked out of the Amex beam back when Grealish equalised to rob us of the title

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The FA Cup Final Replay.

My older brothers were at Wembley. My Dad was in a meeting (working at home so popping in to check the score) and I had to watch it with only my sister who, much to her great shame nowadays, took delight in my misery as the United goals went in...

"I can't remember if I cried" ... but I probably did.

Jul 7, 2003
Palace play off game at Amex. I was on a business trip to Freiberg, Germany so took an earlier flight to be able to watch the game as I had managed to find a bar which had Sky Sports. However, it was their quiz night but they kindly set me up in a corner of the bar with a TV showing the game (the rest of their TVs were showing the quiz questions). No commentary, no wifi and the game went so badly I ended up helping some locals out in the quiz. Walked out at the final whistle and went back to my room to sulk. Didn't have any clue about the other shenanigans until the following morning when I started getting messages from friends back in the UK.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not TV, but the Radio if that's okay? Liverpool equalising at Anfield in the cup in '83. I kicked my radio right across the room, where it smashed completely - and had to rush downstairs to beg my Dad to let me turn his precious gramophone on to listen to the rest of the match. Which turned out ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here