Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So..er...any players you think we should try to sign from the Championship?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
No idea if we picked up those Polish chaps, although they look like good future prospects if we did.

Obviously there's an extended window to sign Championship players that ends Oct 16th 5pm.

Any players you think we should go for? Striker? LWB?

You can find some of the most highly valued ones listed here:
https://www.transfermarkt.us/championship/marktwerte/wettbewerb/GB2

Of course, it's very possible we won't do anymore business until the January transfer window which, this year, isn't that far away: Jan 4th - Feb 1st (Christ, it's almost 2021...).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Most of the best players who weren't relegated last season have already been snapped up. Expect those clubs to want to hold onto their stars to bounce back in a year where it should be slightly easier than normal to do so.

Lewis Cook the best player but not exciting. Am sure the big names are obvious and mainly attacking midfield types or big man strikers all of whom will be overpriced.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's now clear that Sir Tony does not want to spend big this season, and who could blame him given the economic tsunami likely facing him. It would be madness to be throwing cash around during a pandemic for a club like ours.

The challenge, therefore, goes out to the players we already have, to prove that they are good enough.

I'm convinced that there will be 3 teams worse than us and we will finish comfortably above this group. I'm happy for another season of premier league consolidation, and giving our talented young squad 'on the job training'.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Give up, not happening.

Does seem unlikely.
We are one long term injury to Maupay away from being in the you know what. Connolly, at best, is going to get 5-6 this season. We don't have free scoring midfielders or wide men and we have let Murray and Gykores go out on loan. Potter talks about playing AJ or Trossard in forward positions....really? Oh, I nearly forgot Zeqiri , who is going to step straight out of the powerful Swiss league and score goals for us.
Sorry if I am not brimming full of confidence but as we now cannot seem to defend set pieces either and have two CB's who are ok with the ball at their feet but not with the ball in the air, the picture looks on the dull side of rosy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would even take Issac success at this point. Fast , strong causes problems. Cheap and happy to be a sub. Can also play LW

We have been in for him before.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
None. Ollie Watkins would have guaranteed us safety by Christmas, but that’s not the Brighton way, is it?

Comparing against last year and using 40 points as the mark of safety we would have to be in 2nd position to be guaranteed safety by Christmas. Ollie Watkins might bang a few in but he ain't that good.

Top 6 as of 22nd December 2019:
safety.JPG

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
King, Deeney or Karlan Grant would do for me. But realistically it seems we are happy to go with what we've got.

King is obviously the best option but the competition will be fierce to say the least.

Looking at Grant, his control, movement and passing is not up to the grade so forget that one.

Deeney would be an extra body to throw on to bully opposition defenders, not ideal, but o won’t be moaning if all else has failed and it’s announced shortly after 5pm on the 16th.

Then there is the LWB position. Rico from Bournemouth or Henry from Brentford I suppose?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
None. Ollie Watkins would have guaranteed us safety by Christmas, but that’s not the Brighton way, is it?

Not that we would have got him, but what a bargain Villa look to have got there for £12m, I think it was, unless he turns out to be another Bryan Wade, plus he’s unlikely to come up against such an incompetent defensive display again...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Benrahma but Palace had tapped him up I thought.

Typical potter player as he’s anywhere across the front three but perhaps too similar to Trossard or MacAllister type players so not worth the £25m punt.

Unless a striker emerges as hot shit in the first half of the season there isn’t anyone else I’d have but then we don’t like being bid up for players.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't now see anyone now coming in from the Championship (unless disaster strikes and Maupay gets crocked)

I got derided by some when I said I didn't expect any new major signings for the first team (after Zeqiri had joined) although I hoped someone would arrive.

We just have to accept what we've got and get on with it. Who knows Zeqiri might rip up the Prem (although it's equally possible he might be another Locadia).

I'm disappointed we didn't strengthen up front but I have no idea of our financial situation so will trust TB to do what's best for us. I don't see us pushing this season for the 'holy grail' of mid table but I'm still convinced we have enough to survive. Pre-season prediction was 16th which I think will be about right, and is ok with me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would even take Issac success at this point. Fast , strong causes problems. Cheap and happy to be a sub. Can also play LW

We have been in for him before.

Really?

Very similar player to Izquierdo but not nearly on the same level. Izzy has more than double his assists and goals from about 10 less Premier League games.

A desperate call - I’m out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
King or Grant would be pretty good. Even Pukki. At a push Deeney.

Solanke would worry me but better than nothing if we could get him dirt cheap.

Loans would be fine.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor hasn't ruled out an EFL signing by the way - his cold ice pouring was all about yesterday's deadline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here