Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Panto 2020

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Obviously with the pandemic nearly all pantos have been cancelled. Particularly dissapointung for those of us in Lyme as we had secured TV favourite Bruce Jones as our Panto star.

Fear not however as ITV's This Morning are here to save the day. They have announced a special all star Panto featuring all your This Morning favourites on Friday 11 December, it promises to be an absolute hoot.

:lolol:

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/phillip-holly-christmas-pantomine

Already promising alongside the usual favourites like Phil and Holly, Alison Hammond, Eamonn Holmes, Gino D'Campo and Dr Ranj Singh will be some very special guests including Biggins, Rylan Clark-Neal, Chuckz, Paul O'Grady, BGT all stars and John Barrowman.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've been told that the pantomime season earns a huge percentage of the annual income of provincial theatres.
The cancellation of them this year is expected to finally bankrupt many of them. The final nail in the coffin for them unless the government prints even more money.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've been told that the pantomime season earns a huge percentage of the annual income of provincial theatres.
The cancellation of them this year is expected to finally bankrupt many of them. The final nail in the coffin for them unless the government prints even more money.
It's a crying shame but if they can open the Royal Albert Hall to 3,000 people to see the Nutcracker why can't theatres put on panto's at two thirds capacity??

Jul 7, 2003
It's a crying shame but if they can open the Royal Albert Hall to 3,000 people to see the Nutcracker why can't theatres put on panto's at two thirds capacity??

I think they are only allowed to open at a much more reduced capacity than that. I'm off to The Hawth to watch some comedy and I think they are only open up to around 30% capacity maximum. For pantos, unless the stars are going to take a huge pay cut, I can't see them being viable at such reduced income.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Obviously with the pandemic nearly all pantos have been cancelled. Particularly dissapointung for those of us in Lyme as we had secured TV favourite Bruce Jones as our Panto star.

Fear not however as ITV's This Morning are here to save the day. They have announced a special all star Panto featuring all your This Morning favourites on Friday 11 December, it promises to be an absolute hoot.

:lolol:

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/phillip-holly-christmas-pantomine

Already promising alongside the usual favourites like Phil and Holly, Alison Hammond, Eamonn Holmes, Gino D'Campo and Dr Ranj Singh will be some very special guests including Biggins, Rylan Clark-Neal, Chuckz, Paul O'Grady, BGT all stars and John Barrowman.
No Rustie Lee? I'm OUT.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well Covid-19 does remove all sense of taste, so this sounds perfect

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Have already booked the day off work specially for this. Cant wait.
Really hoping we get to see Holly in boots, slapping her thigh, and giving us some saucy innuendo. If its Phil, I wont be as excited...
Mince pies & mulled wine at the ready....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
holly-willoughby-christmas-jumper-z.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have already booked the day off work specially for this. Cant wait.
Really hoping we get to see Holly in boots, slapping her thigh, and giving us some saucy innuendo. If its Phil, I wont be as excited...
Mince pies & mulled wine at the ready....
Surely (now he's out) Phil will be RELISHING the opportunity to play the Dame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here