Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] On line dating for the 50 somethings

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone done it?

What are the pitfalls, and any tips?

I had a mate met a lady at Horsham Park, who apparently had eaten the lady in the original photo on Tinder, I know I'm no Omar Sharif but really want to avoid difficult situations like this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone done it?

I had a mate met a lady at Horsham Park, who apparently had eaten the lady in the original photo on Tinder, I know I'm no Omar Sharif but really want to avoid difficult situations like this.

From having had a load of online dates with a number of different women through my late 20s and 30s, I can confirm that those situations aren't particular to over 50s dating. Generally it's all good though, and I've had far more fun and interesting dates than bad ones, even though the majority didn't lead to anything serious.

Can't see why the situation with your mate in Horsham would be difficult either. Just walk away and break into a slow jog if she follows.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A mate arranged to meet an online date at a local Sussex battle cruiser, the woman who turned up was significantly tastier and slimmer than the woman on the profile, he didn’t question it, they had a few drinks and arranged a second date and this time the woman from the profile pics turned up and admitted she’d sent her sister along to check him out on the first date WTF!?! There was no third date.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Anyone done it?

Add that you work for trading standards in your bio, sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
A mate arranged to meet an online date at a local Sussex battle cruiser, the woman who turned up was significantly tastier and slimmer than the woman on the profile, he didn’t question it, they had a few drinks and arranged a second date and this time the woman from the profile pics turned up and admitted she’d sent her sister along to check him out on the first date WTF!?! There was no third date.

giphy.gif

Two sisters you say....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I assume you don't mean she had a taste for tipping the velvet because if you do that should be a facet of her character that should be explored rather than avoided.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With Lenny specializing in burials, any prospective ladies can be assured that he'd only let them down once.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I found my Mrs on NSC, does that count as a recommendation?

It was 18 years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here