Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC ads

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You could try clearing all your NSC history, cache and cookies and seeing if that "resets" things.

Did all this but the Polish TV licensing ad is back again - it's all very strange.

Why me?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The companies that place the ads can get reports ( often automated ) of IP addresses that have loaded their ad. It wouldn't take long to work out that someone was doing what you suggested because the reports would show thousands of entries from one IP address.

This, and due to the substantial cost of running any such campaign, this is the FIRST thing you check for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*clears throat*

Er, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] is there any chance that looking at this thread and posting on it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy? :wink:

advert.JPG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
*clears throat*

Er, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] is there any chance that looking at this thread and posting on it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy? :wink:

View attachment 129851

That was my theory earlier in the thread. Bozza says it's our individual browsing habits but I reckon that ads are driven by NSC itself. I suspect that the Polish ads were driven by us signing Moder and Karbownik, there were some clips from Polish TV of a match in that thread and that's what led to those ads appearing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That was my theory earlier in the thread. Bozza says it's our individual browsing habits but I reckon that ads are driven by NSC itself. I suspect that the Polish ads were driven by us signing Moder and Karbownik, there were some clips from Polish TV of a match in that thread and that's what led to those ads appearing.

There could be something to that theory, of sorts...

If those signings brought greater Polish-based traffic to NSC I guess there could be a chance that could raise the site's profile to Polish-based advertisers.

But nearly all website programmatic advertising is based on YOU not the site content. So, as I type this I have Nike and Pro Direct Running. I get Nike a lot, and I was on the PDR website last night.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
T
But nearly all website programmatic advertising is based on YOU not the site content.

But, as I keep mentioning, I've not looked at any Polish sites ever. The only Polish content that I've seen in the past year has been on NSC (re our new signings). And it's not the TV licensing part either, I pay that by DD and have done for at least 15 years.

The only thing that I can think of is that I watched a Polish TV series a few months back. But that was on TV via Netflix rather than online. That would be a tenuous connection given that I've never watched anything online via Netflix and our account is in my wife's name.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But, as I keep mentioning, I've not looked at any Polish sites ever. The only Polish content that I've seen in the past year has been on NSC (re our new signings). And it's not the TV licensing part either, I pay that by DD and have done for at least 15 years.

The only thing that I can think of is that I watched a Polish TV series a few months back. But that was on TV via Netflix rather than online. That would be a tenuous connection given that I've never watched anything online via Netflix and our account is in my wife's name.

I must have been clumsy in what I wrote above as you didn't grasp the point.

I'm suggesting that, possibly, the signing of the Polish players brought more Polish traffic (ie people from Poland) to NSC and that has triggered some Polish ads to run on here to random people at random times.

My last ads from a few refreshes: Nike, SportsShoes.com, Pro Direct Running, SportsShoes.com, Pro Direct Running, Square, Pro Direct Running, SportsShoes.com, Nicorette, Pro Direct Running, SportsShoes.com, Three, Pro Direct Running, SportsShoes.com, The Athletic, SportsShoes.com, Tesco.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Strange adverts on NSC

I mean, who would want the jacket on the left?
0a00f4ad26cef70b926b7246a97b947f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The other odd ads I'm getting at the moment are ones for Three. On the face of it, that doesn't seem bad BUT I'm with Three, I've been with them for 12 years and have a rolling SIM-only deal.

I haven't browsed the Three site for a couple of years as I have an app. So, why am I being served Three ads, that's nothing to do with my browsing habits

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those TV licensing ads are getting more bizarre: they're now appearing in Portuguese too (another language that I don't speak)

I'm also getting more ads in German

Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Italian ... NSC is really going international now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here