Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC ads

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why are most of the ads that I'm getting on NSC this past week in French? I'm not based in France and haven't been looking at any French sites lately.

Is it because of the links about Dia that have been posted? Does that mean we're going to get loads of ads in Polish later in the week, thanks to our latest signing?

C'est drôle, n'est ce pas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's almost certainly a "you thing" rather than an "NSC thing", as I've not had the same.

That said I have two Dell ads on this page as I type, and there's more chance of me becoming a Palace fan than there is of me buying a Windows device.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's almost certainly a "you thing" rather than an "NSC thing", as I've not had the same.

That said I have two Dell ads on this page as I type, and there's more chance of me becoming a Palace fan than there is of me buying a Windows device.

But why is it a me thing? I'm based in the UK and the only French links I've seen in the past month have all come from NSC.

You're lucky you get Dell: Facebook keeps serving me ads for Southampton replica kit (it was tickets until a few months ago)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Are you posting through a VPN (e.g. if you're using a work laptop with Citrix, etc.)? That'll make you look like you're wherever the server is.

The adverts I'm seeing on this page are: WWF (animals, not wrestling) and Boggi Milano.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Are you posting through a VPN (e.g. if you're using a work laptop with Citrix, etc.)? That'll make you look like you're wherever the server is.

The adverts I'm seeing on this page are: WWF (animals, not wrestling) and Boggi Milano.

No, no VPM - just my home Virgin Media connection.

Is Boggil Milano an Italian car dealer? I had loads of ads from onre about a year ago. Again, I assumed that must be a NSC thing as the only Italian pages I see are links from this site

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funnily enough, despite having spent the first two weeks of September, in France, even reading Nsc from there, I haven't see one French advert here.
At the moment it's an ad for go karting. Maybe thirty years ago, but I'm a bit long in the tooth now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why are most of the ads that I'm getting on NSC this past week in French? I'm not based in France and haven't been looking at any French sites lately.

Is it because of the links about Dia that have been posted? Does that mean we're going to get loads of ads in Polish later in the week, thanks to our latest signing?

C'est drôle, n'est ce pas?

Did you google anything related to France in the last week or so? That could easily be enough.

Right now I see ads for a Swedish hamburger chain, likely a consequence from ordering food online (hamburger... and a pizza) this Saturday.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
North Stand Cads?

*twirls moustache*

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Use an add blocker. Plus who pays attention to ads!? Ignore them they are are pointless.

I'm a journalist - ads pay my salary (and for NSC too)

It's not jus NSC that has bizarre ads, Facebook has loads. I've already mentioned Southampton but a year ago it was Hull City.

And all sites (NSC, FB and others) seem intent on serving me golf ads - I don't play and I don't watch golf on TV or motoring ads - I don't drive.

Algorithms are clearly based on age profile (middle-aged man must be interested in golf and cars) rather than what I'm actually browsing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here