Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is our current squad "relegation fodder"

Is the current squad, "relegation fodder"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The debate rages on in a different thread so I wanted to take the temperature of the forum.

Personally, I think the childish hysterics are ridiculous. We've played 1 game against a club in our mini-league and we swatted them aside 3-0.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Maupay currently has 4 goals in 4 league games. We've shipped 10, but United have shipped 11 in a game less. I think next two games will show our true level.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No. Which is not the same as saying we won't get relegated.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Players are bedding in. Players are in and out of form. Chelsea game - Dunk's miss kills us. Newcastle - ****ing battered them. United - ****ing battered them but lost because of poor (finishing and) game management. Everton - hopeless game management and defending.

Sharpen up. Harden up. Be more clinical/cynical. We'll be fine.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There us still a chance that we will be in a relegation scrap but I wouldn't describe us a 'relegation fodder'. Fulham (sadly) and West Brom are what I would call Relegation fodder.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Everton was a tactical wake-up call. We were too rigid and predictable, esp around set-pieces. Must learn to switch mid-game if something is not working.

Just when it was starting to look like GP had worked out his preferred starting 11 we met a very good side.

If we're bottom at Xmas, only them might we consider ourselves as relegation fodder.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Everton was a tactical wake-up call. We were too rigid and predictable, esp around set-pieces. Must learn to switch mid-game if something is not working.

Just when it was starting to look like GP had worked out his preferred starting 11 we met a very good side.

If we're bottom at Xmas, only them might we consider ourselves as relegation fodder.

We did switch tactics midgame, putting March wide right which was stupid and hasn't worked for 5 years. The only thing that we did badly was not defend set pieces, which has become a trademark. The 3-4-3 formation is fine but the 4-2-2-2 should be retired forever.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Starting XI is fantastic, back up options in full back and attacking areas are very worrisome if we get any injuries.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If we don't get a striker then yes I think it is. If Maupay get's injured I dont see anybody else in the squad getting anywhere close to the goals we need to stay up.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Voted yes as I fully expect to in or around the scrap at the bottom all season. We play some lovely foootball with lots to admire but to me this window has left us inexperienced and lightweight and one injury to Maupay away from a serious issue. Assuming that we are done with first team signings that is.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It depends on one's interpretation of relegation fodder.
If you think that it means, will we be possible candidates for relegation, then yes, we are relegation fodder. However, if one takes it to mean, are we highly likely to get relegated, then no, we are not relegation fodder.
I chose the former and voted yes.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The same, maybe slightly weaker than last season, but I expect us to fight and stay up. Standing still in this division is effectively going backwards and that's pretty much where we are. Just a couple of decent signings short of pushing for mid table. Think we have enough to stay up, certainly not fodder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here