[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Walcott & Yedelin to Stains

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I had to ask as the growing trend seems to be suggesting playing wingers as utility strikers, if you included Izquierdo with Trossard and Alireza as our backup forwards you’d have to worry about their combined 13 goals in 110+ senior appearances for the club.

You don’t say....... and the reason you don’t is for those obvious reasons!

They’re not strikers. They are not solutions to the loss of Maupay or Connolly.
Make do and mend just won’t work at the top table of the best league in the world, no matter how many times Potter parrots the clubs ‘happy with what we have’ PR.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Make do and mend just won’t work at the top table of the best league in the world, no matter how many times Potter parrots the clubs ‘happy with what we have’ PR.

There does seem to be an army of fans who genuinely don’t see any problem with our depth upfront, I’m not sure if I’m being ridiculous for thinking we’re one injury from catastrophe.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There does seem to be an army of fans who genuinely don’t see any problem with our depth upfront, I’m not sure if I’m being ridiculous for thinking we’re one injury from catastrophe.

Is the lack of variety for me. Maupay and Connolly are similar. We don’t have something different to change tactics. That said I along with everyone else have no idea how good/bad/U23s Zeqirri is. I’d be surprised if there’s not some move for a player today and then even less surprised that we don’t land the player.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I like our depth and youth everywhere except the obvious striker (we've said for years one light) and LWB. We could get by without the LWB if fiddle system but a couple injuries up front would be disaster.

Are they expecting Andone to play this season or something?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I like our depth and youth everywhere except the obvious striker (we've said for years one light) and LWB. We could get by without the LWB if fiddle system but a couple injuries up front would be disaster.

Are they expecting Andone to play this season or something?

I think he’s due back in December.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can I just confirm, are you suggesting Izquierdo as a potential striker?

he's an attacking option i think is the phrase in vogue and gives Potter some more flexibility but he's a long way from being match fit and - to confirm - i'm not saying he's a striker. Because he isn't.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m still sold on the point we need a unit (6 foot plus) of a striker purely on recent performances to:

1) provide aerial threat on attacking set pieces
2) provide aerial support on defending set pieces

Andy Carroll anyone [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
:lolol:

[tweet]1312955006480347136[/tweet]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chances of Iziquerdo ever staying fit enough for long enough for us to know if he’s be any good in a Potter style of play? Given his injury record over the past 2 years you’d have to say highly unlikely.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’m still sold on the point we need a unit (6 foot plus) of a striker purely on recent performances to:

1) provide aerial threat on attacking set pieces
2) provide aerial support on defending set pieces

Andy Carroll anyone [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there goes the 'No D*ckh**ds' policy.

To those thinking we could get by with Ali J, Trossard and Ally Mac - it would certainly be interesting. I saw a Harry Redknapp team go with just two wide men up front, but they both had blazing speed, and the game plan was they would chase long balls played over the top of slow central defenders. None of our three have even smouldering speed. Lamptey, though ...?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Mo Salah and Raheem Sterling aren't strikers, but were still their respective clubs' top scorers last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here