Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Deserves its own thread, doesnt it.

Going to be interesting tomorrow. It could be the most eventful or the slowest deadline day in a very long time.

My guess is that 5-10 La Liga players will be joining the PL. Most of the Spanish clubs will be desperate to sell and aside from the odd team elsewhere (PSG, Ajax, some Bundesliga teams, maybe Juventus & Inter) very few clubs are going to have any purchase power. I think we could expect several players that would normally cost around £20m or to be bought for half or so of the price.

Brighton? I'm not making any specific predictions but I actually think something is going to happen. The club is not bathing in money, but if you can get a £15m player for half the price, there is a good chance the deal would be financially clever in the long run.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure.

Think we need a POLE

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It feels like it has been such a slow transfer window that I am expecting a flurry of activity from several clubs on deadline day. If Man United can seal a move for Sancho it could be a record breaking day

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rely on [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] for my detail, this is their busiest time, the Jim White and Natalie Sawyer of NSC, just don’t know which is which.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don’t care who we sign as long as we loan them straight back out to the continent

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rely on [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] for my detail, this is their busiest time

I predict they’ll come up with a Pole each that we might be signing.

On the subject of the Polish, Arkadiusz Milik is still available. Ideal for what we want although has a slightly dodgy injury record. Napoli will want anything they can get as he is in his final year of his contract.

https://youtu.be/HAqLWPHRG5k

However, he has already spurned a move to Roma because they couldn’t pay him enough. This guy is looking for £100k+ pw, it seems Everton are his only option in the Premier League now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Gonna be exciting

jim-white-300x225.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sheffield utd signing diallo from Metz a decent 1 in 3 striker.

So that's 2 for them this window.

Surrrrrrely we will sign someone up top ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We will be signing a decent striker is my prediction. Not ITK at all but in Bloom we trust

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
from windows I can recall, the club usually post a tweet that states that we have finished our business for the window. as far as I can remember, anyway. that tweet hasn't happened yet, and until it does, I'll be holding out hope for a new signing.

remember, today is just our last chance to bring in a SPANISH FLAIR striker, we still have opportunities to sign a boring old english striker for a little while after the international window SLAMS shut.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Like everyone else I would like a couple of 1st team ready new faces (a striker is a given) but honestly, I'm not expecting any further 1st team additions. Maybe another couple for the U23's.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Like everyone else I would like a couple of 1st team ready new faces (a striker is a given) but honestly, I'm not expecting any further 1st team additions. Maybe another couple for the U23's.
Cool. Then you are accepting we will almost certainly be bottom 4 or 5 then.

Very risky strategy.

We already have one team that has clearly leapfrogged us this season in villa. Leeds looking strong. So we are reliant on Fulham , west brom and one other ....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Naylor says nothing big, but also says we are buying a midfielder for £6m and loaning him back

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Where’s the dildo going to turn up???

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cool. Then you are accepting we will almost certainly be bottom 4 or 5 then.

Very risky strategy.

We already have one team that has clearly leapfrogged us this season in villa. Leeds looking strong. So we are reliant on Fulham , west brom and one other ....

No - I'm just not expecting us to make any 1st team ready signings today. I just think if we were after a "1st team ready striker", we would have already brought one in by now.

Hoping for - YES, The likelihood knowing us is NO.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
CMS in as back-up to Maupay and Connolly on a pay as you play deal along with two strikers for the ladies team will be the extent of our business.

no defender for the development squad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here