Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£6million according to Naylor.

Still leaves ~£6million 'profit' over breakeven in transfers this window.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
£6million according to Naylor.

Still leaves ~£6million 'profit' over breakeven in transfers this window.

Looks like we’ll be spending more on development than the first team this season, according to Andy Naylor we are probably done. 😢😢😢 Worried.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We got beat 4-2, I'm starting to worry.

This could be a case for Moder and Solly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How worried must Newcastle be given that we beat them 3-0 at their place restricting them to 1 single chance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why were they looking at spending £25m on Nunez then?

Blimey one glib comment and you lot are all ready to ponce.

I'm still gutted about Nunez, he would have been great.

I didn't say I was happy just that the club might be, hence preferring to get to the next Nunez type deal before everyone else instead of at the same time.

The team clearly isn't as bad as some would have us believe.
That said, the season begins in 2 weeks time, blow that (which I'm confident they will) and we might all turn to the dark side.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Looks like we’ll be spending more on development than the first team this season, according to Andy Naylor we are probably done. ������ Worried.

We've been doing that for years though. Many a player signed for the U23's - how many have made it?

Jan Paul van Hecke - our newest signing now out on loan.

Wonder what happened to these guys from the past? (And I genuinely don't know the answer to where most of them are/went - so feel free to fill in the blanks as to where they are now)

Jack Harper - Getafe?
Vahid Hambo - FC Lahiti
Tyler Hornby-Forbes - Spennymoor Town
Jan Mlakar - Maribor on loan
Ales Mateju
Mathias Normann
Soufyan Ahannach
Elvis Manu
Joe Ward
Nzuzi Toko
Emil Asmundsson
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Roland Bergkamp
Raphael Rossi
Vegard Forren

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
We've been doing that for years though. Many a player signed for the U23's - how many have made it?

Wonder what happened to these guys from the past? (And I genuinely don't know the answer - so feel free to fill in the blanks as to where they are now)

Jack Harper - Getafe?
Vahid Hambo
Tyler Hornby-Forbes
Ales Mateju
Mathias Normann
Soufyan Ahannach
Elvis Manu
Joe Ward
Nzuzi Toko
Emil Asmundsson
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Roland Bergkamp
Raphael Rossi
Vegard Forren

Well Forren was 29 when we signed him in Jan and was only cover at CB till end of the season. Think he went back to Molde after we released him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

J inan Paul van Hecke - our newest signing now out on loan.

Wonder what happened to these guys from the past? (And I genuinely don't know the answer - so feel free to fill in the blanks as to where they are now)

Jack Harper - Getafe?
Vahid Hambo
Tyler Hornby-Forbes
Ales Mateju
Mathias Normann
Soufyan Ahannach
Elvis Manu
Joe Ward
Nzuzi Toko
Emil Asmundsson
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Roland Bergkamp
Raphael Rossi
Vegard Forren

I'm not sure how many of those can be included in a list with a £6m signing.

When did our record ever signing smash past £10,000,000, 3 seasons ago?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Wonder what happened to these guys from the past? (And I genuinely don't know the answer to where most of them are/went - so feel free to fill in the blanks as to where they are now)

Jack Harper - Getafe?
Vahid Hambo - FC Lahiti
Tyler Hornby-Forbes
Ales Mateju
Mathias Normann
Soufyan Ahannach
Elvis Manu
Joe Ward
Nzuzi Toko
Emil Asmundsson
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Roland Bergkamp
Raphael Rossi
Vegard Forren

The best youth policy doesn't have a 100% success rate. In fact every step up in age group, you can expect around 1 in 10 to make it (that goes all the way down to when they are young boys).

Our recent record isn't too bad

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm not sure how many of those can be included in a list with a £6m signing.

When did our record ever signing smash past £10,000,000, 3 seasons ago?

Agreed - but over the years it appears we have signed numerous players for the U23's but it's a real shame so few have made it up to the 1st team squad. Alzate though is the one bright spot recently and a player who I think will get better and better now being given his chance.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Blimey one glib comment and you lot are all ready to ponce.

I'm still gutted about Nunez, he would have been great.

I didn't say I was happy just that the club might be, hence preferring to get to the next Nunez type deal before everyone else instead of at the same time.

The team clearly isn't as bad as some would have us believe.
That said, the season begins in 2 weeks time, blow that (which I'm confident they will) and we might all turn to the dark side.

The team isn’t bad, I don’t think anybody suggests it’s bad.

The problem is it’s threadbare and has limited options of natural players in some positions like striker. It’s the what ifs and especially if Maupay gets crocked.

There is no cover, SU have just bought 2 to add to the 3 or 4 they already had.

It’s not about money or shiny new faces as much as a pragmatic need of insurance and different options. Others may disagree but I honestly think the club are taking a reckless gamble if it doesn’t happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunno about that ... Pukki, Grant, Wellbeck or Success would improve us.

True, if only it means we’ve got someone to step in if/when Maupay/Connolly get injured, suspended or lose form. You could add Josh King and Sarr to that list too.

However, if we’ve been looking at players like Edouard, Watkins and Nunez, I really can’t see a player like that in the Championship (Grant is the closest).

It’ll be another two weeks before anything happens with Championship transfers regardless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The team isn’t bad, I don’t think anybody suggests it’s bad.

The problem is it’s threadbare and has limited options of natural players in some positions like striker. It’s the what ifs and especially if Maupay gets crocked.

There is no cover, SU have just bought 2 to add to the 3 or 4 they already had.

It’s not about money or shiny new faces as much as a pragmatic need of insurance and different options. Others may disagree but I honestly think the club are taking a reckless gamble if it doesn’t happen.

They certainly aren't "relegation fodder".

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Meanwhile, Leeds spend another 23 million apparently on a young midfielder/winger - who they are actually going to keep in their squad - not give back for the rest of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here