Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure others have pointed this out elsewhere, but I don't have a problem repeating it:-

Moder & Jocko (+ The Tross) have so far combined to generate 6 of the Albion's 9 points.

We'd be staring down the barrel of another one of 'those' seasons had the club not shelled out a whooping £12m for these two players.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm sure others have pointed this out elsewhere, but I don't have a problem repeating it:-

Moder & Jocko (+ The Tross) have so far combined to generate 6 of the Albion's 9 points.

We'd be staring down the barrel of another one of 'those' seasons had the club not shelled out a whooping £12m for these two players.

Not to mention how critically important it was to blow up our entire salary structure in order to pursuade (the three of) them to come to us...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Agree in principle, not the maths - Mac Allister £10M (give or take a bit because of the schemuzzle over the loan and recall) and Moder £6M by all accounts. Still, £16M is good value.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's fantastic. What a signing.

But as others have said, where the hell do all these midfielders fit in? Some very able players are going to be pretty disappointed.

Gross missing on Saturday, and I think it showed (although I'm not accomplished enough as an analyst to be able to work out what his secret is). The Llama looking like the man most likely to lose his place - a very weak game by his standards. Maybe he'll become out "off the bench to change a game" player. Who knows - as always, glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He needs a chant.

I know it's lazy, but how about the "Dur dur dur dur dur dur" etc from the Just Can't Get Enough chorus... with a "Jak-ub Moder!" at the end?

(He can get verses when he starts banging 'em in.)

Depeche Mode(r), you see?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He needs a chant.

I know it's lazy, but how about the "Dur dur dur dur dur dur" etc from the Just Can't Get Enough chorus... with a "Jak-ub Moder!" at the end?

It's Moder on the dance floor
But you'd better not kill the groove
It's Moder on the dance floor
But you'd better not steal the moves
Jakub, gonna burn this god damn house right down.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

But as others have said, where the hell do all these midfielders fit in? Some very able players are going to be pretty disappointed.

Gross missing on Saturday, and I think it showed (although I'm not accomplished enough as an analyst to be able to work out what his secret is). The Llama looking like the man most likely to lose his place - a very weak game by his standards. Maybe he'll become out "off the bench to change a game" player. Who knows - as always, glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

Davy Propper was without doubt PL quality and he's gone . . . we're still going a long way.

Tiger Barb

Jan 31, 2009
Finland (where else?)
He needs a chant.

Or to Nogan’s old tune Der der ... de de der der .. de de der der .... de de JAKUB MODER ...

I’ll get my coat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The way they.ve been influential in several of our goals this season, I'd like to see Moder and Mac Allister both starting. I'm happy to leave the decision about who to leave out to let this happen to others!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I think that on performances so far this season Moder is ahead of Lallana. He gets up and down better and isn't that far off him in with the ball at his feet

Fair enough though, it's a brutal selection decision in there. Gross and Mac also have very strong claims on a starting spot and Mwepu, Alzate and Richards look unlikely to get in at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1475425960174534659[/tweet]

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've been disappointed in Jakub lately, sorry everyone. Realise he works hard, but often seems to take the wrong option for me, passes instead of shoots, shoots instead of passes, loses the ball too easily.

Showed a lot of promise intially, but now he has had a settled run in the side l'm not so sure. Still time for him to come good l guess. Seems churlish to criticize players after last night though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] might want to reconsider his view on Moder last night. I'd still gratefully receive his distance covered stats.

Sorry, not at all. It’s what you do with the ball and decision making which clearly this doesn’t cover. Frequently in the second half he made poor errors with the ball.

Progressive passes - hmmm. Progressive, how?
Locadia registered a shot on target in another game, the fact it had no pace was irrelevant,it was registered as a shot, and on target….

As per one of my other posts his work rate and positional play in terms of pressing is not in question.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've been disappointed in Jakub lately, sorry everyone. Realise he works hard, but often seems to take the wrong option for me, passes instead of shoots, shoots instead of passes, loses the ball too easily.

Showed a lot of promise intially, but now he has had a settled run in the side l'm not so sure. Still time for him to come good l guess. Seems churlish to criticize players after last night though.

I agree - seems a shadow of last season….

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I agree - seems a shadow of last season….
Oddly, I seem to remember last season he was often played in strange positions like left wing back or had 20 minute substitute cameos and people were saying he would be great this season playing from the start in his best position.

Like the similar MacAllister and Mwepu threads, none of them gets enough of a go in the team to get settled. I think part of the problem is that Potter does too much rotating of the midfield and he really needs to work out his best combination for the second half of the season and stick to it as much as possible

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oddly, I seem to remember last season he was often played in strange positions like left wing back or had 20 minute substitute cameos and people were saying he would be great this season playing from the start in his best position.

Like the similar MacAllister and Mwepu threads, none of them gets enough of a go in the team to get settled. I think part of the problem is that Potter does too much rotating of the midfield and he really needs to work out his best combination for the second half of the season and stick to it as much as possible

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Another problem, is that Potter rarely plays a settled team anyway, simply changes it almost on a match by match basis, to best combat the opposition on the day.

The big disadvantage with that of course, is that many players simply won't get a settled run in the side.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Potter does too much rotating of the midfield and he really needs to work out his best combination for the second half of the season and stick to it as much as possible

This is an interesting point. Midfield rotation allows you to adjust your team according to the opponent, but it also keeps your squad match fit and happy. Always sticking to the same players gives the less collegiate squad members cause to be disruptive. I wonder what Potter's thinking is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here