Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Villa / Barkley

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I missed Barkley going to Villa on loan.

They seem to have recruited pretty well this Sunmer after the shitsbow last year, which is annoying.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Yep. A good deal for both I think.

Missed a sitter tho... :D

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
So wish they went down ( effing Hawkeye ) and muff stayed up
Muff would still be shite and cannon fodder
Villa look set for a few years.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How they are spending so much on wages and transfer fees in the current situation, does make me wonder.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How they are spending so much on wages and transfer fees in the current situation, does make me wonder.

Their owners have done an Everton and are spending massively again.

So naive by the PL, they suspended financial sustainability reg’s, so that the 20 clubs can survive the effects of CV19, with owners covering the losses from the crisis.

Instead, taken as the green light by a gaggle of clubs to spend massively on fees and wages trying to steer their clubs to top half.

This was predicted by delighted Toffees and Villa fans on their main fora back in early summer, couldn’t believe their luck.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Their owners have done an Everton and are spending massively again.

So naive by the PL, they suspended financial sustainability reg’s, so that the 20 clubs can survive the effects of CV19, with owners covering the losses from the crisis.

Instead, taken as the green light by a gaggle of clubs to spend massively on fees and wages trying to steer their clubs to top half.

This was predicted by delighted Toffees and Villa fans on their main fora back in early summer, couldn’t believe their luck.
As that might be true we only needed quality in one position we all said get Watkins in.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is *really* annoying. By rights, they should have gone down last season. Massive spending though, so to be expected.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As that might be true we only needed quality in one position we all said get Watkins in.

We only need quality in one position ? Our defending has been our downfall in *every game* we lost this season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is *really* annoying. By rights, they should have gone down last season. Massive spending though, so to be expected.

With the Blades denied THAT GOAL at Villa Park.

Summer 2020 would’ve been opportune for Villa and West Ham to drop, because once they survived, they weren’t going to allow a repeat of that near miss.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

They seem to have recruited pretty well this Sunmer after the shitsbow last year, which is annoying.

Agree, I think they have added themselves to the clubs we are unlikely to finish above.

In my opinion the mini league is:

Newcastle
West Ham
Southampton
Palace
Albion
WBA
Burnley
Sheff Utd
Fulham

When you consider that 3 of those teams (Sheff Utd, Southampton and Burnley) finished more than 10 points ahead of us last season, it makes this season's task seem more difficult than last year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That can be fixed we got forced to accommodate Ben White but still wouldn’t have mattered if we scored our chances.

Why were we forced ? We could have sold him.

And you can hardly say our defensive record has ever been good since we got promoted. Dunk & Duffy shipped plenty of goals...

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

Yeah they have. Quality keeper as well, much as I love Maty Ryan I think
Martinez is an upgrade. Villa will be comfortably clear of relegation this term.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why were we forced ? We could have sold him.

And you can hardly say our defensive record has ever been good since we got promoted. Dunk & Duffy shipped plenty of goals...
It probably seems that way because we hardly score and the opponents scoring hurts us more than it should, Man Utd we should of been ahead like Spurs were today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, I think they have added themselves to the clubs we are unlikely to finish above.

In my opinion the mini league is:

Newcastle
West Ham
Southampton
Palace
Albion
WBA
Burnley
Sheff Utd
Fulham

When you consider that 3 of those teams (Sheff Utd, Southampton and Burnley) finished more than 10 points ahead of us last season, it makes this season's task seem more difficult than last year.

I’d remove West Ham from that list.

I watched them at The Emirates, they played Arsenal off the park, somehow losing. Antonio, Bowen, Soucek, Ogbanna and Balbuena I think are exceptional.

Interesting that you’ve excluded Leeds and Villa. I can see arguments why.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£85 million spent though. Like Leeds, it could end in tears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here